Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: Masonic Block

mhs-2016.91.jpg
A photograph of construction activities of the Masonic Block (Main and Walnut Streets). Steel Main Street Bridge in foreground. Diner on left.

1999.B410e.jpg
A set of snapshots taken of the restoration of the Masonic Block during the revitalization of the town.

2015.170e.jpg
1. A view of the block with Muzzey's Restaurant as a tenant. The building that is visible to the left is the Creighton Block that was destroyed by fire in 1976.
2. Second photo is at an earlier time that shows part of Johnson Pharmacy. The alley…

1999.B348e.jpg
Destroyed by fire on February 12, 1976.
The building was built in 1904 by George Creighton who had a shoe store on the left with Johnson Pharmacy on the right. It was located between the Masonic Building and the Congregational Church.
The tenants…

2015.13e.jpg
Ralph Case, W. B. Case, Dennis Donovan, Ida ___?, Olive Richardson

1999.1210e.jpg
Thomas Wouldhave was the first druggist in Maynard. His store was located at the corner of Main and River Streets. Ben Johnson succeeded him and moved the store to the east end of the Maynard (Masonic) Block. Ernest Johnson was the postmaster from…

2014C-032-3265.jpg
This seems to be a meeting of the Ancient Order of United Workman based on the symbol in the drawing on the wall and the disc on the podium. Probably held in the Odd Fellows Hall.

1999.957e.jpg
This building was built by Lorenzo Maynard in 1888 and called the Maynard Block for many years.

1999.2369e.jpg
A view of Main Street at the Maynard (Masonic) Block and the band stand. The post office was in the Masonic Block.

1999.78e.jpg
The post office was located at the Walnut Street end of the Masonic Building.
l to r
May (Ledgard) Schnair, James B. Farrell, Timothy B. Moynihan, Christopher Wilson, Stanley Rice, Arthur E. Walker (Postmaster), Arthur Sullivan.

1999.1216e.jpg
The Post Office was then located in the Masonic Building. William Hall was Post Master.

1999.422e.jpg
Then known as the Maynard Block, it was built by the Maynard Family (likely Lorenzo Maynard) in 1888 and acquired by the Masons in 1922. The view is from Nason Street.