Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Riverside Block

mhs-1999.2574.jpg
A lobby card for the (silent) movie "Those Who Dance"

Maynard Theatre Movie Poster - 1931
The Maynard Theatre was on the second floor of the Gruber Building, 177 Main St.

mhs-2014.158.jpg
A box office window card advertising the movies playing at the Maynard Theater (in Gruber's Block) the week of November 3, 1930

mhs-1999.1539check.jpg
A show card for the week of October 23, 1932 for People's on Nason Street and Maynard Theatre, Gruber Block, on Main Street.

2016.132e.jpg
Gruber's is located at 177 Main St., historically referred to as the Riverside Block.

2016.131e.jpg
The building was historically referred to as the Riverside Block, now 177 Main Street.

2016.133e.jpg
A photograph of the Historical Marker located at 177 Main Street, Gruber Bros for many years. The building was originally called the Riverside Block and built by the Maynard Family.

2015.165e.jpg
The major tenant seems to be Sitchel & Hovey Dry Goods. Maynard held its first Town Meeting and elections at this hall in 1871.

2014C-032-3271.jpg
The building was built in the late 1860's by the Maynard Family. The Town of Maynard's first town meeting was held in the hall on the second floor. The building was the the location of the Gruber furniture store for many years. The upper story was…

2013.102e.jpg
The structure was built in the late 1860's by the Maynard Family. It was sold to Alfred T. Haynes in 1893 and then to the Gruber Brothers in 1917.
Entire upper floors destroyed by fire on July 14, 1934.
The hall on the second level was used for…