Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: fire station

1999.B387e.jpg
This building was originally the first fire station in Maynard. Built in 1892, it was sold to Town Paint in 1952, demolished in 1980.

2015.125e.jpg
This building was originally identified as the first fire station in Maynard that was build on Nason Street in 1892 and published incorrectly in the 1971 History of Maynard book. After comparing the picture with others of the actual Nason Street…

1999.2406ef.jpg
A brochure with six photo (three shown)

1999.1356e.jpg
Picture taken in front of just completed Fire Station on Nason Street in 1892. It was used continuously until 1952 when a new station was built. The building was sold to Town Paint & Supply Co. that used the building until 1983. The building was…

1999.B154e.jpg
First photo shows the fire alarm switchboard and battery pack.. The second photo have the horse team ready to go with the sprinkler wagon at the right of the station.

1999.396e.jpg
The firemen are on the way to decorate graves. The fire station was later used by Town Paint & Supply then torn down to make way for a new commercial building.

l to r
Front: William Quinn, Tony Collins, William Priest, Walter Priest, Thomas…

1999.893e.jpg
A collection of 22 pictures (7 shown) mounted on cardboard backing. Some of the scenes seem to be taken in the 1920's.

1999.622e.jpg
Maynard's first fire station, located on Nason Street, was built ca 1891 and was used until early 1950's when a new station was built on Summer Street. Tony Collins is the driver, the first full time fireman (1903). At the very extreme left of the…

1999.530e.jpg
The Odd Fellows Building was built in the late 1890's for Julius Loewe who had a pharmacy in one part of the store. There was also a jeweler and a men's clothing store. On the second floor was a hall where several of the local organizations held…