Browse Items (35 total)
Sort by:
Installing the Water Pipes
White Pond to Pumping Station
Paul Wilson, Superintendent of the Walter Works, in center of photo is inspecting the work. The water line is being installed from White Pond, Hudson to the Maynard Pumping Station, see 1999.2787.
Mill Pond Stereograph
Looking west at the Mill Pond from "Maynard's Hill" in the 1870-1880s (prior to building of houses on Front Street)
Mill Pond Draw Down - 1977
The water has been lowered in order to repair foundations at the mill buildings. A trestle used during WW 1 is exposed . This trestle was used to support a water flume to carry water to the boiler room while #1 mill was being built in 1917 and 1918
Mill and Mill Pond - 1977
Sixteen black and white photos of the Mill and Mill Pond. These photos are dated July 23, 1977.
Maynard Water Works - 1891
White Pond and Vicinity
Map showing the early source of water for Maynard.
Plan of Land Owned by Baikar Associates, Inc. - 1975
Maynard, Mass.
A plan showing two parcels, B & C, to be acquired by the Maynard Conservation Commission
Assabet Mill and Mill Pond
View across the pond of the mill with two chimneys visible.
Chimney on left taken down in mid-1950's.
The RR Station can be seen on the left in the top photo.
Chimney on left taken down in mid-1950's.
The RR Station can be seen on the left in the top photo.
Centennial Monograph: Ice Houses
Before the widespread availability of refrigeration one of the only way to keep things cool was with ice. Fresh water supplies, such as the Assabet River flowing through town, was a source of ice during the winter and a major industry grew up around…
Centennial Monograph: The Finnish People in Maynard
A historical summary of Finnish immigrants arriving in Maynard and their wide-ranging impact on the town.
Promotional Poster - 1946
Six Miles Road Race
The 18th annual road race was sponsored by the Kanto A. C. of the Finnish-American Athletic League. The race began at Memorial Park and ended at the club grounds on Fort Pond, Littleton and was the opening activity of the Knights of Kaleva. The…
Warranty Deed - 1917
Delia M. Casey to
The Finnish Workingmen's Association "Taisto"
Memorandum of Sale - 1945
Finnish Workingmen's Association "Taisto" to Baikar Association, Inc.
The deed conveys 22 acres of land and a pond near the junction of Puffer Rd. and Old Marlboro Road that was referred to as Voses. The Finnish community used the area for many years for a camp, athletic events, performances and other social…
Women and Girl Scouts at Long Pond - 1930
Thirteen black and white photos of women and Girl Scouts enjoying the camp at Long Pond in July 1930.
Included in the photos are: Mrs. Thorsezl, Mrs. Potter, Mrs. McKay (Camp Nurse), Mrs. Darson, Long Pond, Court of Honor, Elsie Kennedy, Stickney…
Included in the photos are: Mrs. Thorsezl, Mrs. Potter, Mrs. McKay (Camp Nurse), Mrs. Darson, Long Pond, Court of Honor, Elsie Kennedy, Stickney…