Browse Items (13 total)
Sort by:
Stereograph of Litchfield Quarry, Fitchburg
A stereograph of granite quarries in Fitchburg, MA. Mr. S. P. Litchfield owned the quarry and lived on Great Road.
Acton Street School Stereograph
A stereograph of the Acton Street School. This building, located on the corner of Main/Acton/Summer Streets, was later made into the "Mandingo Building" and has since been destroyed.
(The contemporary location is "Jarmo's").
(The contemporary location is "Jarmo's").
Summer Street Railroad Crossing Sterograph
A stereograph showing the railroad crossing at Summer Street.
Anniversary Parade on Nason Street Sterograph
A stereograph of the first anniversary of the incorporation of the Town of Maynard proceeding down Nason Street.
Miss Barlow's Acton Street School Class Sterograph
A stereograph of Miss Barlow's class at the Acton Street School.
Anniversary Celebration at Riverside Hall Sterograph
A stereograph of the first anniversary of the incorporation of the Town of Maynard in front of Riverside Hall.
Mill Pond Stereograph
Looking west at the Mill Pond from "Maynard's Hill" in the 1870-1880s (prior to building of houses on Front Street)
Assabet Mills Stereograph
A stereograph showing Assabet Mills and the (then new) Walnut Street Bridge. The bridge was built in 1872, setting an approx date for the photograph. The photograph appears to have been taken from Thompson Street. The River Street Block and the…
Paper Mill Stereograph
Stereograph showing the Paper Mill near the junction of Summer and Parker Streets. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1894. The chimney was taken down in 1914.
Cooperative Corner Stereograph - 1867
A stereograph of George Gove's bakery wagon on the corner of Nason and Summer Streets. Bill Oliver is standing next to the horse. Mrs. Albert Randall of #14 Maple St., Maynard is also listed in the back of the picture.
Nason Street was name for…
Nason Street was name for…
Paper Mill Dam Stereograph
A stereograph of the Paper Mill Dam. The photograph is facing upstream of the Assabet River (west), with Assabet Mills in the distance.
This dam was used to harness water power to run the mill. Water that was used in the creation of paper was…
This dam was used to harness water power to run the mill. Water that was used in the creation of paper was…
Acton Street School Stereocard
The Acton Street School was at the corner of Acton St. and Pleasant St. Operated from 1877 - 1892 at which time it was closed when the Nason St. School opened.
The teacher in the back, center of doorway is likely Emily Gordon.
The teacher in the back, center of doorway is likely Emily Gordon.