Welcome to the online archives of the Maynard Historical Society in Maynard, Massachusetts. Our online archive represents a fraction of the documents, photographs, artifacts and memorabilia that the Society has in storage and we are continuously working to catalog and make our collection available here for all to enjoy. Please read the "About" page for additional information on this project or the "Tips" page for ways to find and discover historical information.
A poster containing the rules of the Maynard Social Club.
Oliver "Swat" Warila was a commercial photographer based in Maynard from about 1960 through 1980. Most of the photographs in this collection are from…
Recently Added Items
Speeches given in front of the Congregational Church on Main Street.
Four photos of the Reba Taylor family on a trip.
Picture found at the Maynard town dump by Ralph Sheridan. Could be the Maynard family or someone missing the town.
A collection of photos of one of the many renovations and enlargements of the very well known and popular restaurants in Maynard.
Doris was one of Scott's production supervisors.
Located on Waltham Street next to Samuel's Photography.
Also visible are the sign for "Middlesex Launderers & Dry Cleansers" (Fur Storage) and…
The first photo is 1968, the second in 1970 after a remodeling.
Located at the corner of Powder Mill Road and Waltham Street.
Located at the corner of Parker Street and Waltham Street. In an earlier era the building was the Little Coop.
Views of the dam that was built by Maynard and Knight to divert water to the mill pond in 1847.
The first four taken in 1970, the fifth in 1981 and…
The Fashion Shop at 14 Nason Street, the old People's Movie Theater.
Lizzie is in the photo of an unidentified resort.
The photo that was used to produce a postcard. See 1999.A173
The hall was more often referred to as The Parker Street Hall.
Copy of a post card of the mill area taken from Summer Hill.
View of the river from the Stow side.
Although Maynard has only a few dams, the location of this one remains a mystery.
Built by George Flood, former post master and town office holder, as a livery stable shortly after the civil war. In the 1920's it was remodeled as a…
Destroyed by fire on February 12, 1976.
The building was built in 1904 by George Creighton who had a shoe store on the left with Johnson Pharmacy on…
This building was originally the first fire station in Maynard. Built in 1892, it was sold to Town Paint in 1952, demolished in 1980.