Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (188 total)

  • Collection: Clubs/Societies

A black and white photo of a Maynard Garden Club event. Two of the three women are identified as Margaret Beavis and Edith Carbone.


This seems to be a meeting of the Ancient Order of United Workman based on the symbol in the drawing on the wall and the disc on the podium. Probably held in the Odd Fellows Hall.

2014-12-03 12.13.40 e.jpg
A collar worn by members of the Odd Fellows Lodge during ceremonies.

Some of the attendees:
Guest standing along the wall, l to r: (16)
Father John Dziok, William Brayden, Father Ciuszinski, John Driscoll, ___?, __ Barilone, ___?, ___?, Police Chief Henry Piecewicz, Ray Marsden (?), Donald Lent, William Stockwell,…

A sepia-colored photograph of William and Walter Priest. They were two of Maynard's leading business men in the early 1900's to the 1930's.
IOOF-MU Independent Order of Odd Fellows - Manchester Unity

Maynard Delegation, Knights of Pythias Outing, District 13 of Mass., Fort Pond, Lancaster, Mass, September 8, 1923

(Note: While the photo's caption says it was in Lancaster, this is likely an error as many Maynard organization outings took place…

Photograph of an outing of the Knights of Pythias at Fort Pond in Littleton on September 8, 1923

Photo taken on steps of George Washington Auditorium.

6th from left, front row: Gavin Taylor
Directly in front of picture on the left: Ada Bower Merrill

The oldest fraternal organization in town was Iola Lodge, No. 91, International (Independent) Order of Good Templars. Organized in Assabet Village…

A collection of original letters and a certificate written in 1849 to R. L. Davis of Stow, Mass. from the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, White Mountain Lodge, No. 5 of Concord, NH. It is not clear what service Mr. Davis did for the Lodge.

The Maynard Lodge entered this float in 1933 or 1934. A Powder Mill building is in the background.

Names on the reverse of the photo:
Likely the first six names are top row, last five names bottom row.
Catherine Williams, Mary DeGrappo, Dorothy Reid, Grace Colombo, Jennie Carbone, Mary Luca
Carrie Lenz, Helen Scergen, Margaret Hoffman,…


Maynard Assembly #21: Instituted November 13, 1926, Constituted November 9, 1927. The cookbook seems to have been a fund raiser project for the girls. Shown is the cover, a sample page of recipes and advertisements.
"The International Order of the…

The name Maynard is displayed on the roof.

Newsletters from 1989 through 2006 (not complete), various year calendars and miscellaneous information relative to the club.

The file consist of a history of the Maynard Council presented to the Maynard Historical Society by B. R. Koski, 1966.

The souvenir program of a sportsmen show sponsored by the Rod and Gun Club held at the High School Auditorium.

Master of Ceremonies: Chief Henry Red Eagle of Greenville, Maine
Archery Exhibition: Mr. Long, Eastern Mass, Champion

A photo of the Twilight Club.
(l to r)

Front: John Wall, Jim Mahoney

Back: Dan Colbert, Jim Ledgard, Jack Keegan, Tom Mansfield, Ed Ledgard