Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (180 total)

  • Tags: church

A historical account of the Union Congregational Church of Maynard (Main Street) written at the time of their 100th anniversary

mhs-2015.420.jpg
Depicts the church, rectory, and pastor Rev. Jno. A. Crowe

mhs-2015.416.jpg
Wide format group portrait in front of St. Casimir's Roman Catholic Church (Great Road). Titled: 1911 NA PAMIONTKA SREBNEGO IUBIELEUSZA ZALOZENIA TOW W.P.M.B.L.Z.
W. Maynard, Mass.
(translated from Polish as "Silver Jubilee")

2016.136ef.jpg
Maynard Mobile in the foreground.

mhs-2015.473.jpg
A set of photos of the Confirmation classes of the Finnish Mission Congregational Church. The minister of the church was Rev. Jaakko Rinta.

(If you recognize any of the people in the class photos, please let us know.)

2015.473 - 1932
2015.474…

img127e.jpg
Two Mass bulletins for St. Bridget's Parish.

img140e.jpg
Two program pamphlets for Thanksgiving Services at St. Bridget Church.

img081e.jpg
A pamphlet outlines the order of the Mass in a celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Ordination of Rev. Brian Flatley of St. Bridget's Church. Participants include the following names: Flatley, Sr. Kelly, Pitts, Pepi, Murphy, Walsh, Britt,…

iStBridget\'sGatemg100.jpg
A color photo of the gate leading into St. Bridget's Cemetery.

mhs-2014.745-2014B-032-2270.jpg
A sign showing the pending move of St. John's Lutheran Church to it's Sudbury/Maynard location on Route 117.

Sign reads: "Future Site of St. John E.V. Lutheran Church, Now located at Glendale and Warren Streets, 1-1/2 blocks off Rt. 27, Church…

mhs-2014.740-2014B-032-2258.jpg
Exterior of the Methodist Church (Main & Summer Street)

mhs-2014.484-2014B-032-1718.jpg
A priest (Fr. Frank __) leads a ceremony outside of St. Casimir's Church (a Polish-American Catholic Church located at 65 Great Road, the parish was founded 1912 and closed in 1997)

mhs-2014.447-2014B-032-1545.jpg
Parishioners leaving St. George's Episcopal Church as part of a Palm Sunday service. The church was located on 63 Summer Street and was open from 1895-2006.

mhs-2014.446-2014B-032-1543.jpg
Parishioners leaving St. George's Episcopal Church as part of a Palm Sunday service. The church was located on 63 Summer Street and was open from 1895-2006.

mhs-2014.445-2014B-032-1541.jpg
Parishioners leaving St. George's Episcopal Church as part of a Palm Sunday service. The church was located on 63 Summer Street and was open from 1895-2006.

mhs-2014.444-2014B-032-1537.jpg
A winter scene featuring the Union Congregational Church (80 Main Street)

mhs-2014.442-2014B-032-1527.jpg
The church was built on Glendale Street by the Finnish workers from 1905-1907 and dedicated on June 6, 1908. The parish moved to a new location (North Sudbury) in 1967 and the building was later used as the Church of the Nazarene. It is currently a…

mhs-2014.435-2014B-032-1505.jpg
Parishioners leaving St. George's Episcopal Church as part of a Palm Sunday service. The church was located on 63 Summer Street and was open from 1895-2006.