Stereo Card of the Paper Mill - 1872
The mill was located at the corner of Waltham and Parker Streets, on the river side of Parker Street. Built in 1820 by William May, it was sold to John Sawyer and then later to William Parker. In 1831 it became the Fourdrinier Paper Co., Inc. That company operated until 1882, when the Assabet Mfg. Co. bought it in 1893 for the water rights which were never used. The building was destroyed by fire on May 14, 1894. Its chimney remained but was razed on Aug. 14, 1914. Traces of the dam used to supply water power to the mill can still be seen.
Donated by Frank W. Alto
Copy of 1999.345 by Charles Burriel
Still Image Item Type Metadata
Stereoptican Card 3 x 7 in.; 8 x 10 in., 3 x 5 in. copies
Stereoptician Card with artifacts