Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Beginning of New Village - 1902

1999.689e.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Beginning of New Village - 1902

Description

Start of New Village - Harrison Street
The American Woolen Company in June of 1901 purchased the Reardon Estate on the south side of Parker Street. Sixty houses were built on this property to house workers for the mill. The view shown is Harrison Street. Other property was later purchased from the Mahoney Family off of Waltham Street with a total of 160 tenements erected. The woolen company divested all of its housing units in 1934.

Date

1902

Contributor

Donated by
Walter Larkin
Charles Burriel

Identifier

1999.689
1999.1920

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photo print

Physical Dimensions

5 x 8 in. print; 7 x 10 in. copy

Storage

PB35