Browse Items (140 total)
Sort by:
Rev. Patrick D. Meagher, Curate 1917-1918
St. Bridget's Parish
Fr. Meagher died from influenza in 1918 while serving at St. Bridget's.
Rev. Walter J. Roche, Pastor 1930-1935
St. Bridget's Parish
This is a remembrance card prepared at the time of his death.
Rev. Walter J. Browne, Pastor 1909-1917
St. Bridget's Parish
The right photo shows Fr. Browne standing on the St. Bridget's Rectory in 1913. During his time St. Elizabeth's Chapel was built in West Acton and served by the Maynard clergy.
The Deed to St. Bridget's Church Land - 1881
This is a copy of the original deed of the land sold at the corner of Percival Street and Sudbury Street by Amory Maynard to John Joseph Williams, Pastor, for $747.98.
Rev. Edward F. Crowley, Pastor 1918-1930
St. Bridget's Parish
Named a Monsignor by Pope Pius XII, January 15, 1946.
Rev. George A. Hamilton - Rev. John A. Conlin
St. Bridget's Parish
Rev. George A. Hamilton said the first Mass at Assabet Village in 1850. He was the Pastor of the Great Milford Parish (Milford to Assabet) 1850-54. Left Photo
Rev. John A. Conlin built the first St. Bridget's Church on Main Street in 1865. It was…
Rev. John A. Conlin built the first St. Bridget's Church on Main Street in 1865. It was…
Temperance Society Play
St. Bridget's Roman Catholic Church
l t r
Front row: __?, __?, Margaret Maley, __?, __?, John Murray
2nd row: William Punch, __?, Fr. Albert Crowley, __?, Jim Mullin, __?
Back row: Jim Hilferty, __?, Francis or John White ?, Mike Murray, Mike Mullin, __?
Front row: __?, __?, Margaret Maley, __?, __?, John Murray
2nd row: William Punch, __?, Fr. Albert Crowley, __?, Jim Mullin, __?
Back row: Jim Hilferty, __?, Francis or John White ?, Mike Murray, Mike Mullin, __?
File folder for St. Bridget's Church
The folder contains: copies of the church deed; church history; parish priest information; church events; church societies; misc. newspaper articles; church drawings; catechisms; jubilees and celebrations; centennial information; bulletins; misc.…
St. Bridget's Parish Jubilee 1894-1919
Maynard, Mass.
l to r
Top: Rev. Walter E. Brown, 1909-17; Parish Rectory; Rev. Edward F. Crowley, 1918-1930; Rev. Charles McGuire (Sweeney?); Rev. John A. Crowe, 1894-1905
Bottom: Rev. John McHugh, 1917-18; St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, Acton (which was…
Top: Rev. Walter E. Brown, 1909-17; Parish Rectory; Rev. Edward F. Crowley, 1918-1930; Rev. Charles McGuire (Sweeney?); Rev. John A. Crowe, 1894-1905
Bottom: Rev. John McHugh, 1917-18; St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, Acton (which was…
St. Bridget's Catholic Temperance and Benevolent Society - ca 1900
This picture taken on the steps leading to the clubroom which was located in the Riverside Co-operative Society building on the corner of Nason and Summer Streets, now occupied by the Knights of Columbus.
l to r
standing on second step: John…
l to r
standing on second step: John…
St. Bridget's Children of Mary with Father Walsh
A sepia photo of the St. Bridget's Children of Mary, along with Fr. Walsh.
St. Bridget's Baseball Team - 1907
A sepia photo of the St. Bridget's Baseball Team, dated 1907. Members are:
l to r
Front: Jack Collins, Harry Clark, Charles Smith
Center: Henry Kelly, Frank Murray, Mark Kelly
Back: ___?, Daniel Colbert, Mgr.; ___?, Jack Punch
l to r
Front: Jack Collins, Harry Clark, Charles Smith
Center: Henry Kelly, Frank Murray, Mark Kelly
Back: ___?, Daniel Colbert, Mgr.; ___?, Jack Punch
St. Bridget's Holy Name Junior Baseball - 1921
A sepia photo of the St. Bridget's Holy Name Junior Baseball Team, dated 1921.
l to r
Front: Bill Kitowicz, Norm Sims, Father Sweeney, Joe Wardzala, Joe Boulden, Jim Howes
Center: Harry Tobin, Jack Connors, Mike Vodoklys, Frank Kamish, Francis…
l to r
Front: Bill Kitowicz, Norm Sims, Father Sweeney, Joe Wardzala, Joe Boulden, Jim Howes
Center: Harry Tobin, Jack Connors, Mike Vodoklys, Frank Kamish, Francis…
Maple House
Three photo copies of the Maple House, built by George Cutting during the 1880s and was owned and managed by him for many years. It was located at the corner of Summer and Acton Streets where the present fire and police stations are located.…
Drawing of Assabet Manufacturing Co. and Town of Maynard - 1879
This is an artist's drawing which shows practically all the buildings in the town at the time.
Includes:
- Assabet Manufacturing Co., A. Maynard, Agent
- Glendale House
- Public School (Acton St.)
- Congregational Church
- St. Bridget's R. C.…
Includes:
- Assabet Manufacturing Co., A. Maynard, Agent
- Glendale House
- Public School (Acton St.)
- Congregational Church
- St. Bridget's R. C.…
Assabet Mills and St. Bridget's Church from Summer Hill - 1905
Photograph of Maynard, the mill complex, and St. Bridget's Church taken from Summer Hill in 1905.
St. Bridgets School - 1970 Photo
A black and white photo of the school taken in 1970. The school was built in 1965.