Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (92 total)

  • Tags: St. Bridget

The three informal photos show Fr. Crowe at the dedication of the John A. Crowe Park, October 1, 1915. He is shown autographing a program. Fr. Crowe was pastor of St. Bridger's Parish and instrumental in obtaining land for the park. He was the…

The right photo shows Fr. Browne standing on the St. Bridget's Rectory in 1913. During his time St. Elizabeth's Chapel was built in West Acton and served by the Maynard clergy.

A receipt for one quarter beginning in October 1885

l to r
Top: Rev. Walter E. Brown, 1909-17; Parish Rectory; Rev. Edward F. Crowley, 1918-1930; Rev. Charles McGuire (Sweeney?); Rev. John A. Crowe, 1894-1905

Bottom: Rev. John McHugh, 1917-18; St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, Acton (which was…

The Cadets were organized under the leadership of Major Rev. Charles A. Donahue, Curate at St. Bridget's. Shown in the center of the group photo: Sgt. William C. Coughlin, Bugles; Captain Harold V. Sheridan, Drill Master; Major Rev. Charles A.…

A photo of St. Bridget's Church interior.

This picture taken on the steps leading to the clubroom which was located in the Riverside Co-operative Society building on the corner of Nason and Summer Streets, now occupied by the Knights of Columbus.

l to r
standing on second step: John…

A plot layout of the graves in St. Bridget's Cemetery as the 6th survey done by Horace F. Tuttle, of Acton in 1913.

A Journal celebrating the Jubilee Year of the St. Bridget's Parish, Maynard, MA - August 7,8,9, 1919.

The history of one of the larger temperance societies that operated for about 20 years from 1890 to the 1910s.

The origins and evolution of St. Casimir's church, an offspring of St. Bridget's focused on the Polish community.

Unknown speaker at a meeting of the St. Bridget's Holy Name Society.

A car with members of the St. Bridget's Parish Holy Name Society are part of a parade heading up Main Street.

A black and white photo of the school taken in 1970. The school was built in 1965.

l to r
Front seated: Rita Sheridan, Elvira D'Errico, ___?, Eleanor Flaherty, Katherine Sheridan, ___?, Jack Driscoll
Back standing: Marion Ledgard, Joe Boothroyd, Joe Cleary, Rose Setipane (?), Leo Mullin, Aileen Leigher, Doris White

The play was presented at the Parker Street Hall.