Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (93 total)

  • Tags: St. Bridget

This brochure was for an annual affair for many years, published by the St. Bridget's Parish in connection with the Fourth of July picnic.

A sepia photo of the St. Bridget's Temerance Society Basketball Team.
(l to r)
Front: Edward Ledgard, John McCormack, Emmett Riley
Back: Frank Rollinson, Hazel Crowley, William Cleary, Cornelius Callahan, Joseph Donahue

Fr. Killilea was pastor of St. Bridge's Parish in 1906-1909. It was during his pastorate that the present rectory was built. Named a Vicar Forane with the title of Very Reverend in 1920.

A photo of St. Bridget's Church interior.

Taken at St. Bridget's Church by Bob Talbourdet. Processed and mounted by members of 4-H "Rangefinders" of Maynard. Presented to the Maynard Historical Society by the group on Saturday December 19, 1970.

l to r
Front: Jim Mahoney, Jim McGill

Center: Bill Cleary, Dan Colbert, Mgr.; Jack Collins

Back: Joe Tucker, Matt Campbell, Jim Ledgard

A black and white photo of the school taken in 1970. The school was built in 1965.

Photograph of Maynard, the mill complex, and St. Bridget's Church taken from Summer Hill in 1905.

Three photo copies of the Maple House, built by George Cutting during the 1880s and was owned and managed by him for many years. It was located at the corner of Summer and Acton Streets where the present fire and police stations are located.…

A sepia photo of the St. Bridget's Holy Name Junior Baseball Team, dated 1921.
l to r
Front: Bill Kitowicz, Norm Sims, Father Sweeney, Joe Wardzala, Joe Boulden, Jim Howes
Center: Harry Tobin, Jack Connors, Mike Vodoklys, Frank Kamish, Francis…

A sepia photo of the St. Bridget's Baseball Team, dated 1907. Members are:
l to r
Front: Jack Collins, Harry Clark, Charles Smith
Center: Henry Kelly, Frank Murray, Mark Kelly
Back: ___?, Daniel Colbert, Mgr.; ___?, Jack Punch

A sepia photo of the St. Bridget's Children of Mary, along with Fr. Walsh.

This picture taken on the steps leading to the clubroom which was located in the Riverside Co-operative Society building on the corner of Nason and Summer Streets, now occupied by the Knights of Columbus.

l to r
standing on second step: John…

l to r
Top: Rev. Walter E. Brown, 1909-17; Parish Rectory; Rev. Edward F. Crowley, 1918-1930; Rev. Charles McGuire (Sweeney?); Rev. John A. Crowe, 1894-1905

Bottom: Rev. John McHugh, 1917-18; St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, Acton (which was…

The folder contains: copies of the church deed; church history; parish priest information; church events; church societies; misc. newspaper articles; church drawings; catechisms; jubilees and celebrations; centennial information; bulletins; misc.…

l t r
Front row: __?, __?, Margaret Maley, __?, __?, John Murray

2nd row: William Punch, __?, Fr. Albert Crowley, __?, Jim Mullin, __?
Back row: Jim Hilferty, __?, Francis White, Mike Murray, Mike Mullin, __?

Rev. George A. Hamilton said the first Mass at Assabet Village in 1850. He was the Pastor of the Great Milford Parish (Milford to Assabet) 1850-54. Left Photo

Rev. John A. Conlin built the first St. Bridget's Church on Main Street in 1865. It was…

Named a Monsignor by Pope Pius XII, January 15, 1946.