Browse Items (3 total)
These 12 nails are from the barn located on the Salo farm on Parker Street. This barn was originally located on Great Road as part of the Aaron Thompson farm. It was moved to its present location by Mr. Salo.
Date nails were inserted into the cross ties when they were laid on the railroad bed. The nails had two digits on the head that indicated the year. Date nails were in full use by 1910, with there use terminated in 1969 when other methods were used to…
A set of 4 handmade iron nails.