Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (34 total)

  • Tags: 50th Anniversary

2015.160e.jpg
Speeches given in front of the Congregational Church on Main Street.

1999.79e.jpg
Taken April 19, 1921 at the time the Town of Maynard was celebrating it's 50th Anniversary. Picture taken on the steps of the Roosevelt School, Nason St. After the photo the officials all joined the anniversary parade.
Use the key on 2nd photo for…

2013.146e.jpg
A view before the parade on Nason Street looking toward Main Street.

2013.133e1.jpg
A collection of 32 letters, many addressed to Frank E. Sanderson, Town Clerk, relative to the organizing and celebrating the Town's 50th Anniversary in 1921.

1999.141e.jpg
The file contains letters, newspaper clippings, the 1921 Acton Enterprise , the Program, a paper of Observations by Elizabeth Schnair and other miscellaneous documents relevant to the celebration of Maynard's 50th year observed in April 1921.

1999.B119e.jpg
The first five pictures were taken at the beginning of the parade that had just step off at Sudbury Rd. and Main Street.

2013.126e1.jpg
A hard covered book used to sign in attendees at the 50th Anniversary on April 19, 1921. Guest signed their name and address and the school teachers, in some cases, signed in their students. The front page and two sample pages are shown.

2013.128ef.jpg
A program outlining a three day observance of the Town's incorporation in 1871.

1999.B38e.jpg
1. First pictures shows the West End House and Minto House in center background.
2. The second pictures shows Corporal Harold Sheridan leading the Veterans of WWI.
3. The third pictures is the Charles A. Welch Lodge of Masons.

1999.2622e.jpg
1921 was the 50th Anniversary of the Town
l to r
Front: Fred Cannell, John Connors, Nicholas J. Driscoll
Center: Charles H. Garrand, Owen T. Duggan, Ernest Rasmussen
Back: Alexander Hickland, Sanford Swanson, George H. Waterhouse

s2676Ae.jpg
The photos are cut outs of postcards. Identified are Harold Sheridan, Frank Parks and John T. Gibbons.

2012.280ef.jpg
The booklet has a history of the church, photographs of various organizations and recognition of church members.

2011.68.jpg
left photo: The parade is heading east on Nason Street passing DeLees Pharmacy and a Rexall sign on the building. The Clock Tower at the mill is in the background.

right photo: John Connors, Police Chief, is shown in the square. Amory Maynard's…

sB73e.jpg
Waiting for the start of the parade as part of the town's 50th anniversary celebration. The Woodrow Wilson School was completely destroyed by fire in 1952.

1999.793e.jpg
Mr. Coughlan, Post Master, was chairman of the 50th Anniversary Committee in 1921.

g254e.jpg
Students and school dressed to celebrate the Town's 50th Anniversary.

s431e.jpg
School and students dressed to celebrate the Maynard's 50th Anniversary.

1999.747e.jpg
This book was owned by Amory Maynard, the name sake of the Town of Maynard. It was given to William Gutteridge, who in turn presented it to Gavin A. Taylor at the time of the 50th anniversary of the town in 1921, with the request that it be…