Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Pastor

2015.24fe.jpg
Family portrait of the Rev. Matthew A. Vance family:
Matthew and Emily, children Herbert, Priscilla, & John.

Matthew Vance was pastor of the Union Congregational Church from 1930 to 1939. According to census records the family moved to Ashland…

img008e.jpg
A list of "Our Spiritual Leaders" who served at St. Bridget's Parish.

2012.308e.jpg
Pictures taken at the time of a visit by Archbishop Sheen (1895-1979) to Maynard on the occasion of his birthday.
Right photo: Archbishop Sheen in the center with Fr. Louis Bilicky to his right.

Left photo: Archbishop Sheen seated on the left,…

2012.315.jpg
Fr. Bilicky was born in Salem, Mass. on December 31, 1922, ordained on May 4, 1949 and after assignments at various parishes in the greater Boston area he became the Pastor at St. Casimir's on February 10, 1970. Fr. Bilicky was the Pastor when St.…

2012.220e.jpg
The three informal photos show Fr. Crowe at the dedication of the John A. Crowe Park, October 1, 1915. He is shown autographing a program. Fr. Crowe was pastor of St. Bridger's Parish and instrumental in obtaining land for the park. He was the…

2012.216e.jpg
This is a remembrance card prepared at the time of his death.

s1299e.jpg
The right photo shows Fr. Browne standing on the St. Bridget's Rectory in 1913. During his time St. Elizabeth's Chapel was built in West Acton and served by the Maynard clergy.

s3022e.jpg
Named a Monsignor by Pope Pius XII, January 15, 1946.

1999.2316e.jpg
Rev. George A. Hamilton said the first Mass at Assabet Village in 1850. He was the Pastor of the Great Milford Parish (Milford to Assabet) 1850-54. Left Photo

Rev. John A. Conlin built the first St. Bridget's Church on Main Street in 1865. It was…

s150e.jpg
Fr. Killilea was pastor of St. Bridge's Parish in 1906-1909. It was during his pastorate that the present rectory was built. Named a Vicar Forane with the title of Very Reverend in 1920.