Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (38 total)

  • Tags: fire

mhs-2016.666.jpg
Flow test at various locations and compared to 1940.

2016.138e.jpg
At the time of the fire T. C. Lando's and Salislito's occupied the first floor and Corner Pocket Billiards was on the second floor. The fire resulted in the demolition of the building.

Tags:

1999.B102e.jpg
The ice house was built by Bent then later run by C. C. Murray and John Zaniewski.
The first photo was taken in 1903, the second is the remains after it burned in 1922 with the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Trolley chimney in the background, and the…

Tags: , ,

1999.B39e.jpg
Built by George Flood, former post master and town office holder, as a livery stable shortly after the civil war. In the 1920's it was remodeled as a hall by Charles C. Murray and used as a dance hall, roller skating rink and basketball court. …

1999.B348e.jpg
Destroyed by fire on February 12, 1976.
The building was built in 1904 by George Creighton who had a shoe store on the left with Johnson Pharmacy on the right. It was located between the Masonic Building and the Congregational Church.
The tenants…

mhs-2014.673-2014B-032-2095.jpg
Carlo Mistretta (center), presumably at a fire.

mhs-2014.524-2014B-032-1786.jpg
Speculating that this building fire was on Main Street (127 Main?) The business appears to be television/radio store.

Tags:

mhs-2014.459-2014B-032-1675.jpg
Maynard House on fire. The house was located at Darmouth and Elmwood Streets. At the time of the fire the house was owned by Anthony Taryma.

2015.16e.jpg
Built in 1867 on Summer Street by Peter Bailey. Originally known as the Glendale House, it had several owners, the last being Martin Peterson. It was destroyed by fire on January 29, 1921. Memorial Park now occupies the site.

Tags: ,

2014.49e.jpg
The Woodrow Wilson School burned in 1952. These two texts were collected from the rubble.

1999.227.jpg
This picture was taken in the square in front of the ruins of Naylor Block which was completely destroyed by fire on February 11, 1917. The picture was taken the morning after the fire. (Alternate version is dated February 4, 1917 at…

2013.195ef.jpg
The school was totally destroyed by a fire on December 17, 1952.
1st photo: Front and East Side
2nd photo: East Side
3rd photo: Back
4th photo: Front and West Side

2013.189e.jpg
This site is 45 Main Street.

Tags:

1999.B82e.jpg
Four photos of the Nason Street School Fire, 1916, and four photos the Naylor Block Fire,1917, pasted on black paper.
Naylor Block Fire: Fire broke out in the night of February 11, 1917 and by the morning had destroyed the Naylor Block that…

2013.102e.jpg
The structure was built in the late 1860's by the Maynard Family. It was sold to Alfred T. Haynes in 1893 and then to the Gruber Brothers in 1917.
Entire upper floors destroyed by fire on July 14, 1934.
The hall on the second level was used for…

2013.97e.jpg
Fire broke out in the night of February 11, 1917 and by morning had the entire business block that extended from Nason St. around the corner to the bank building on Main Street. Several tenants routed from the second floor and also the Telephone &…

1999.131e.jpg
The ruins of the hotel fire with the Eagle Block in the background of the first photo.

Tags: ,

1999.159e.jpg
Located on Main Street

Tags: ,

2013.101e.jpg
Maynard Fire Department was first to respond.

Tags: