World War II Observation Tower - 1942
Built on Summer Hill in January of 1942 by the American Legion and volunteers. It was manned 24 hours per day by local people and later taken over by the U. S. Army to protect the Ammunition Depot. The Army maintained the tower until the end of the war. It was destroyed by fire on October 30, 1951, while under control of the Boy Scouts.
Donated by Ralph Sheridan
Still Image Item Type Metadata
5 x 7 in.
3 x 3 in.