Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Alphonse's Powder Mill Restaurant
Hearth Room

2026.84ef.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Alphonse's Powder Mill Restaurant
Hearth Room

Description

Originally the site of Uncle Pete's Twin Tree Cafe, owned by Peter Carbone,
who sold it to his chef John Alphonse circa 1965.

John Alphonse started his restaurant career in 1933 as a chef. He worked at the former 1812 House, the Maridor, Abner Wheeler House, the Sea-N-Surf and the Meadows, all in Framingham, eventually becoming chef at the Twin Tree Cafe.

Alphonse’s Powder Mill Restaurant operated until John's retirement in 1985. In January 1986, the Maynard Elks purchased the building at 34 Powdermill Road for $950,000. It remains the Elks Lodge as of 2026.

Creator

Plastichrome by COLOURPICTURE
Boston, Mass.

Date

ca1970's

Contributor

Carol Leighton from the estate of Kenneth Leighton

Identifier

2026.84

Publisher

The Milligan Company, Medfield, Mass.

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Postcard

Physical Dimensions

3.5 x 5.5 in.

Storage

PB85
SU11-4