Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (42 total)

  • Tags: Summer Street

s671e.jpg
Located on Summer Street, the corner stone for the St. George's Church was laid on August 10, 1895 and was consecrated on April 14, 1897. The building is currently a private residence.

The second photo shows the church and the rectory located…

mhs-2014.974-2014B-032-1593.jpg
An honor guard from the American Legion Frank Demars Post 235 marches down Summer Street as part of a Veterans Day or Memorial Day parade.

The Knights of Columbus hall and Bacharach's Super Market can be seen in the background.

mhs-2014.962-2014B-032-1507.jpg
Members of the American Legion Post 235 march down Summer Street as part of a Memorial Day or Veterans Day parade.

2014.198e.jpg
Stewart Campbell, American Legion, presenting scrapbook of Veterans Memorial to Ralph Sheridan, town historian and curator of the Maynard Historical Society.
Steward Campbell on the left, Ralph Sheridan on the right.

mhs-2016.507.jpg
A blueprint of the plan of Main Street and Summer Street, Maynard, dated July 10, 1957. Landmarks include the property of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Esso Gas Station, Fire & Police Stations.

mhs-2016.452.jpg
A blueprint of the change in location of the corner of Nason & Summer Streets, Maynard, dated September 7, 1948. Landmarks include the property of Bartholomew Coughlin.

mhs-2016.478.jpg
A blueprint of the plan of the relocation of a portion of Summer Street, Maynard, at the intersection of Nason Street, on March 13, 1936.

mhs-2016.468.jpg
Four blueprints of Summer St., Maynard, dated February 7, 1928. Landmarks include the property of Lucius Maynard, Arley Lawrence, August Nordberg, Charles Stockbridge, Robert Marsden, Ida Taylor, Esther Johnson, Charles Wetherbee, Elias Lazar, Mary…

mhs-2016.467.jpg
Four blueprints of a portion of Summer Street, Maynard, dated September 3, 1904. Landmarks include the property of William Bishop, James Bent, Robert McAllister, Frank Hildbard, Joel Butterworth, John May, W.E. Tilton, J. Webster, Richard Parmenter,…

1999.B338e.jpg
Built by the W. P. A. during the depression of the 1930's. It was used as an alert center for the Air Wardens during World War II. Dismantled when the parking lot was enlarged at the rear of Memorial Park.

s195e.jpg
The picture was taken on Summer Street of the Lady Warwich Lodge, a Lodge of the Order of Independent Daughters of St. George.

2019.806e.jpg
Dedication of Memorial Park and Monument on Sunday Nov. 15, 1925. Erected by the Town of Maynard to commemorate the service of her citizens in the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, and World War I. In honor of the those who served and in memory…

mhs-2014.975-2014B-032-1595.jpg
A contingent from the Maynard Lodge of Elks marches down Summer Street as part of a Memorial Day or Veterans Day parade.

The file contains newspaper articles and general information about the construction of the park.

mhs-2014.972-2014B-032-1589.jpg
An honor guard from the American Legion Post 235 and other dignitaries salute the flag as part of a ceremony at Memorial Park on Summer Street. This is likely part of a Memorial Day or Veterans Day parade.

mhs-2014.1044-2014B-032-2069.jpg
An honor guard fires a rifle salute in Memorial Park as part of a Memorial Day or Veterans Day observance and parade.

1999.1647-897.jpg
Three photo copies of the Maple House, built by George Cutting during the 1880s and was owned and managed by him for many years. It was located at the corner of Summer and Acton Streets where the present fire and police stations are located.…

mhs-2014.963-2014B-032-1509.jpg
A marching band performs in a parade marching down Summer Street. May be part of a Memorial Day or Veterans Day parade. Could also be another event.

mhs-2014.1024-2014B-032-1724.jpg
Maynard Police lead a parade down Summer Street to Memorial Park. (Visible in the background is the Knights of Columbus Hall, Bacharach's Market, Nason Street Spa)