Browse Items (9 total)
A Model K8 International Firetruck that was later donated to Digital Equipment Corporation for their use at the mill.
Fire department was located on Nason Street at that time.
William Quinn, shown in both pictures, with other fireman training with a 1935 Dodge pumper bought used by the Maynard Fire Department. The dealer plates can be seen on the truck. The pictures are taken on Great Road where it passes over the canal…
The Forest Pump was built from an old Moth Department sprayer. At the extreme right is Ray Carruth, a town mechanic who did most of the work building the trailer. The body of water shown was later filled and is the location of St. Bridget's School.
Harold J. Priest is the driver towing the Forrest Pump made from a 1913 tree spraying machine.