Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (32 total)

  • Tags: fire department

1886-07-07 - Flood's Barn, Harriman and Main Streets (via sparks from train)
1893-04-20 - Tucker's Blacksmith Shop
1893-05-05 - Riverside Coop Stores & Hall; Public Library
1893-09-18 - Parmenter Barn and Stable
1894 - Hudson
1894-05-14 - Paper…

1999.1614-15.jpg
Two Fire Department badges belonging to Joshua Edwards. One is for the Assistant Floor Marshall position and the other is for the Floor Marshall.

1999.1416.jpg
A badge commemorating the 1905 Thanksgiving Eve Ball for the Maynard Fire Department. This badge has a portrait of the Maynard Fire Chief on it, possibly Thomas A. Sweeny.

1e.jpg
A Maynard Fire Department badge worn by Joshua John Edwards. The Maynard Fire Department was organized May 1, 1890.

1999.1410e.jpg
Regulation poster hung in fire house.
Chief: Samuel Lawton
1st Asst: Charles Cahill
Clerk: Thomas A. Sweeney

mhs-1991.1491.jpg
The map was created to show the water system and fire protection for insurance purposes. It shows the structural components of the buildings and has myriad details about the town. see 1999.1492 for another copy

2017.72e..jpg
Two storage permits issued by the fire department to store oil on the premises.
1. To Mrs. Francis M. Coady, 60 Thompson St - 1933 - by Frank E. Parks, Fire Chief.

2. To Elmer H. Maynard, 43 Great Road - 1942 - by Richard Allan, Fire Chief.

mhs-1999.406.jpg
Mr. Peters was the first official Maynard Fire Department Chief in 1890.

mhs-2014.736-2014B-032-2250.jpg
This appears to be the Maynard Fire Department spraying water into the Assabet River from the roof of a Mill building.

mhs-2014.673-2014B-032-2095.jpg
Carlo Mistretta (center), presumably at a fire.

2014.86e.jpg
Fire department was located on Nason Street at that time.

1999.227.jpg
This picture was taken in the square in front of the ruins of Naylor Block which was completely destroyed by fire on February 11, 1917. The picture was taken the morning after the fire. (Alternate version is dated February 4, 1917 at…

1999.B153e.jpg
William Quinn, shown in both pictures, with other fireman training with a 1935 Dodge pumper bought used by the Maynard Fire Department. The dealer plates can be seen on the truck. The pictures are taken on Great Road where it passes over the canal…

1999.893e.jpg
A collection of 22 pictures (7 shown) mounted on cardboard backing. Some of the scenes seem to be taken in the 1920's.

1999.290e.jpg
Driver has been identified as either Bill Quinn or Tony Collins.
Fireman, l to r: ___?, ___?, Arthur White, Gilly O'Donnell, Jack Matey, Albert Murphy, Bill Carney, Jack Croft, ___?, John Lawton