Concord, Maynard & Hudson Street Railway Company - 1901
The photo shows the Superintend's House, Power Station, and Car Barn/Office.
Donated by Bob McGarigle
The headquarters of the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway Company as seen in 1901. The company was incorporated in 1899 with the first car to Concord on August 1, 1901 and the first car to Wood Square, Hudson on October 1, 1901. In 1903 a spur from Maynard to South Acton was complete, in 1909 continued to West Acton. The last car out of Maynard was on January 16, 1923, the company unable to compete with the automobile. The power station became St. Casimir's Polish Catholic Church.
Still Image Item Type Metadata
4 x 13 in. print mounted on card stock; two 5 x 7 in. copies; one 8 x 10 in. copy