Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

St. Casimir's Church Golden Jubilee - 1978


Dublin Core


St. Casimir's Church Golden Jubilee - 1978


Newspaper clipping describing the preparations for St. Casimir's Church 50-Year Anniversary.

The church building, originally the power station for the street cars in the early 1900s, was acquired by Fr. John S. Dziok in 1928, and through the efforts of the town assessors, friends, and Fr. Dziok, the parishioners labored to convert the space into place of worship.

Bishop Lawrence J. Riley, Fr. Edward Gaudett of St. Isidore Stow, Fr. Robert Walongewicz of St. George Framingham, Fr. Anthony Jurgielewicz of Vermont, Fr. Thomas Navine of Sacred Heart Groton, Monsignor Francis Chmaj of St. Hedwig Cambridge, and Fr. Thaddeus Saja of St. Peter Norwood were all expected at the mass. The Junior and Senior Choirs under the direction of organist Mrs. Betty Saganich were expected to sing in English, Latin, and Polish.

Following the mass, a collation was planned in the parish hall.


5 Nov 1978




Newspaper clipping 5.25 x 7.75 in.

Document Item Type Metadata


St. Casimir Church - History/Newspaper Articles Folder #5 of 6