Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (6032 total)

A reconstructed carpet loom from a home on Fairfield Street. Many homes had small looms like these which supported small family businesses.

The history of Maynard, Massachusetts written at its 50th Anniversary in 1921.

This is the current definitive history of the town written for the centennial in 1971.

Photograph of the Maynard Cricket Club.

Some of the individuals in this photo are:
Harry Rodway, Alfred Billet, James Rodway, John McInnis, Sandy McCowen, Tom Halliday, Ralph Hill, George Martin, Albert Easthope, Dan Grass, William Conley

Photograph taken at Lake Boon in either 1914 or 1916.

Front: Jinx Murray, Louis Sullivan, W. (Mc)Mann, Pat Murphy, Spec White, Jim Tobin

Rear: John Wall (Civil War Veteran), Edw. Ledgard, Sam Lawton, Al Ledgard, Jim Ledgard, Jim Helferty,…

Tags: ,

An original chair from the "old Brick School" on Summer Street.

see 1999.2

A 16 mm film taken in 1921 during and after the Fiftieth Anniversary celebration of the founding of the Town of Maynard. 1921 was a big year in Maynard. Mr. Samuel Lerer, member of the Board of Selectmen and prominent businessman had a moving…


An original chair from the "Brick School" on Summer St. The building is still standing but has undergone changes.

The Town of Stow on March 3, 1766 voted to build three school houses in the outlying districts and there is no doubt that this…

John Lovell of Woburn Bus Lines came into Maynard on January 19, 1923 with a bus running to South Acton. After permanent franchises were obtained the company began operating from Concord to Hudson. Eventually the line was extended from Arlington…

Sold in 1900 in connection with Merchant's Week by Alfred T. Haynes General Merchandise Store (117 Main Street, Maynard). The creamer depicts the Assabet Mfg. Co.

porcelain 009.JPG
In May 1900 the Merchants of Maynard put on a week and held it at the Music Hall. All had a display of their merchandise. Admiral Sampson, hero of Santiago in the Spanish-American War was the principle guest. The cup depicts a school building.

porcelain 006.JPG
Souvenir used during Merchant's Week in May 1900. The cup was made in Germany for the Alfred T. Haynes Co. It depicts St. Bridgets Church.

porcelain 005.JPG
The mustard cup was produced for the May 1900 Merchant Week celebration. There is a depiction of St. Bridgets Church on the cup.

artifacts 006.JPG
United Co-Operative Society wire milk carrier and 10 - 1 quart bottles.

artifacts 002.JPG
Most homes had one of these in the early 1900's.
see 2016.540 for an example of the stereographic card that goes with the viewer.

artifacts 010.JPG
This type is still used on work horses.


This medal was sold in connection with the celebration on October 12, 1916 when a large parade downtown to Rev. John A. Crowe Park was followed by a speaking program and a barbecue. The purpose of the celebration was to raise money for the Soldiers…

A welcome home celebration occurred on July 4th, 1919 for the returning servicemen from WWI. There was a parade, speakers and presentation of the medal to each service man.

Photos of the medal and of a medal made into a keyring.

This autograph album was the property of Miss Mary A. Peters, Maynard, Mass. She was married to Mr. Frank E. Sanderson, September 24 1902. Miss Peters was a great grand-daughter of Amory Maynard.