Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: smoke

2012.329e.jpg
Located in the Masonic Block, the shop was sold by Cornelius Lynch in 1916 to Frank and Joseph Sheridan. It changed hands several times before going out of business in the early 1940's.

Standing on the steps in front of the store.
l to r
Front:…

Tags: ,

sB187e.jpg
The Maynard Smoke Shop was located in the Masonic Building and was run by the Sheridan brothers (Frank and Joseph). It was a popular meeting place for the men, young and old. This group was gathered on Labor Day in 1919.
The ads in the window…

Tags: ,

s459e.jpg
Cornelius Lynch, a former state representative, purchased the business of a Mr. Connors in 1907 and in 1910 moved to the Masonic building. The shop became one of the most popular places in town. At the time of the photo it was owned by Tim and…