Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Poor Farm

This is a collection of Town Report excerpts in support of the Hobos and Tramps monograph (see related resource).

(If anyone can provide details on what happened in law during 1904-1905 please contact us)

A chronology of the former Alms House / Poor Farm which was located at 206-209 Great Road (the large white house across from Alumni Field / 2020)

From 1892 to 1947 was owned by the town and used as the Town Poor Farm for part of the time. In 1898 as many as 1664 "tramps" spent time there.