Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (30 total)

  • Tags: bridge

1999.B434.jpg
In May of 1989 the last of the railroad bridge was removed to make way for the new foot bridge over the Assabet River and the new Tobin Park.

2015.342e.jpg
This was the B&M railroad bridge over the Assabet River.

2015.354e.jpg
Taken during 1927 flood

Tags:

2015.350e.jpg
This is the bridge on Great Road.

Tags:

2015.355e.jpg
Tires, concrete blocks and other debris in the river beneath the Walnut Street Bridge.

1999.2050Ae.jpg
Bridge washout and water flowing over the bridge.

Tags: ,

1999.B259e.jpg
The ice house was built by John Comeau, later owned by Fred Taylor. It was located on the Stow side of the Assabet River by Russel Bridge, seen in photo.

Tags: , ,

1999.138e.jpg
The Assabet River, Ben Smith Bridge and the Mill Street Bridge are visible on the right side of picture. The old pumping station chimney, back and to the left, on Winter Street and the chimney at the trolley barn are seen on the left.

1999.939e.jpg
The Ben Smith Bridge and the Mill Street Bridge are seen as well as the Assabet River. The chimney, center left, is the old pumping station on Winter Street.

1999.2485e.jpg
The first Russell's Bridge connected Stow to Sudbury over the Assabet River.

2015.110e.jpg
The Assabet River seen after a thunder storm in July 1887. The view is of the river looking upstream toward the Ben Smith Bridge perhaps taken from the Mill Street Bridge.

2015.37e.jpg
The river is presumably the Assabet but which bridge is shown is a mystery.

1999.B94e.jpg
Looking upstream of the Assabet River with the Woolen Mill in the background.

2015.25e.jpg
The two women are standing on a bridge enjoying a smoke. It's possible that this is a photo taken later of two women dressed in period costumes.

2914.64e.jpg
This bridge crossed the Assabet Road at the Stow/Maynard town line, now White Pond Road.
The bridge was near Cyrus Hayward's.

Tags:

1999.2783e.jpg
The bridge was built in 1816 allowing for a direct route between Fitchburg and Boston.

Tags:

1999.2217be.jpg
A collection of eight photos (5 shown) of the bridge off Main Street.