Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (64 total)

  • Tags: Assabet River

The file contains reports on the flood plain, river basin studies, histories, newspaper clippings and miscellaneous documents pertaining to the river, also OARS related information.

A study exploring the cultural resources in the Assabet, Concord and Sudbury Rivers basin. see abstract

The file contains reports, newspaper clippings and miscellaneous documents pertaining to the dam and the canal leading to Mill Pond.

A project to complete requirements for five students for a course at Tufts University. see abstract for scope and conclusions of the project,

Lots 40 and 42 Summer Hill Road in the flood plain of the Assabet River.

A copy of a picture of the construction of the Walnut Street Bridge, 1921-22.

The Assabet River seen from the old railroad bed. Crow Island protrudes into the river on the left side of the picture.

A stereograph of the Paper Mill Dam. The photograph is facing upstream of the Assabet River (west), with Assabet Mills in the distance.

This dam was used to harness water power to run the mill. Water that was used in the creation of paper was…

Four views of the river, reservoir and Summer Hill.

A series of 19 photographs (6 shown here) taken at the Powder Mill Dam and Old High Street of the Assabet River in flood as a result of heavy rain on Aug. 19, 1955.

This was the B&M railroad bridge over the Assabet River.

Tires, concrete blocks and other debris in the river beneath the Walnut Street Bridge.

Some of the debris that was removed from the river with the help of the army.

During the construction of a foundation for a hardware store on Main Street in 2002 the original Assabet River bed was exposed showing peat and mud from the river. The Assabet River flowed through the Main Street area and was moved to its existing…

View of the river from the Stow side.

In 1906 Peter Wilcox and another Maynard man were granted a licence to operate a passenger boat from Maynard to Lake Boon. A boat house and landing wharf was built on the river near the Ben Smith Dam and a landing wharf was installed at Whitman's…

The Assabet River, Ben Smith Bridge and the Mill Street Bridge are visible on the right side of picture. The old pumping station chimney, back and to the left, on Winter Street and the chimney at the trolley barn are seen on the left.

The Ben Smith Bridge and the Mill Street Bridge are seen as well as the Assabet River. The chimney, center left, is the old pumping station on Winter Street.

The first Russell's Bridge connected Stow to Sudbury over the Assabet River.

The Assabet River seen after a thunder storm in July 1887. The view is of the river looking upstream toward the Ben Smith Bridge perhaps taken from the Mill Street Bridge.