Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: river

2016.76e.jpg
The Assabet River seen from the old railroad bed. Crow Island protrudes into the river on the left side of the picture.

1999.B102e.jpg
The ice house was built by Bent then later run by C. C. Murray and John Zaniewski.
The first photo was taken in 1903, the second is the remains after it burned in 1922 with the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Trolley chimney in the background, and the…

Tags: , ,

1999.B259e.jpg
The ice house was built by John Comeau, later owned by Fred Taylor. It was located on the Stow side of the Assabet River by Russel Bridge, seen in photo.

Tags: , ,

2015.144e.jpg
View of the river from the Stow side.

mhs-2014.662-2014B-032-2052.jpg
The Assabet River. (Believed to be taken near Summer Hill Glen.)

mhs-2014.537-2014B-032-1801.jpg
The Assabet River. (Believed to be taken near Summer Hill Glen.)

mhs-2014.536-2014B-032-1800.jpg
The Assabet River. (Believed to be taken near Summer Hill Glen.)

1999.B94e.jpg
Looking upstream of the Assabet River with the Woolen Mill in the background.

1999.2374.jpg
Photograph of the Mill and "canal" adjacent to Walnut Street (taken from the Main Street bridge) taken in 1915. Note the alternate or mis-spelling of Assabet ("Assabett") on the photograph. Also this is technically not the canal, but the…

1999.985.jpg
Photograph of the Powder Mill Dam

Tags: ,