Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (14 total)

  • Tags: stereo

2017.221AF.jpg
Sixty-Nine stereo viewing cards. These are non-Maynard views. Two shown: "Around the World" & "The Military Salute"

mhs-2016.49.jpg
A stereograph of granite quarries in Fitchburg, MA. Mr. S. P. Litchfield owned the quarry and lived on Great Road.

mhs-1999.346.jpg
A stereograph of the Paper Mill Dam. The photograph is facing upstream of the Assabet River (west), with Assabet Mills in the distance.

This dam was used to harness water power to run the mill. Water that was used in the creation of paper was…

mhs-1999.2129.jpg
A stereograph of George Gove's bakery wagon on the corner of Nason and Summer Streets. Bill Oliver is standing next to the horse. Mrs. Albert Randall of #14 Maple St., Maynard is also listed in the back of the picture.

mhs-1999.345.jpg
Stereograph showing the Paper Mill near the junction of Summer and Parker Streets. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1894. The chimney was taken down in 1914.

mhs-1999.344.jpg
A stereograph showing Assabet Mills and the (then new) Walnut Street Bridge. The bridge was built in 1872, setting an approx date for the photograph. The photograph appears to have been taken from Thompson Street. The River Street Block and the…

mhs-1999.343.jpg
Looking west at the Mill Pond from "Maynard's Hill" in the 1870-1880s (prior to building of houses on Front Street)

mhs-1999.854.jpg
A stereograph of the first anniversary of the incorporation of the Town of Maynard in front of Riverside Hall.

mhs-1999.188.jpg
This stereograph was taken on the corner of Nason and Summer Street (looking south) and shows H.B. Gove and his baker's cart.

mhs-2016.46.jpg
A stereograph of Miss Barlow's class at the Acton Street School.

mhs-1999.855.jpg
A stereograph of the first anniversary of the incorporation of the Town of Maynard proceeding down Nason Street.

mhs-2016.44.jpg
A stereograph showing the railroad crossing at Summer Street.

mhs-2016.45.jpg
A stereograph of the Acton Street School. This building, located on the corner of Main/Acton/Summer Streets, was later made into the "Mandingo Building" and has since been destroyed.

(The contemporary location is "Jarmo's").