Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (180 total)

  • Tags: church

sB377e.jpg
Located on Prospect Street, the church was erected in 1915-16.
The first photo was taken November 22, 1931. Second photo was taken in 1970. The third photo shows the redesigned entrance.

Tags: ,

s666e.jpg
The School is located on Percival Street.

Tags:

s671e.jpg
Located on Summer Street, the corner stone for the St. George's Church was laid on August 10, 1895 and was consecrated on April 14, 1897. The building is currently a private residence.

The second photo shows the church and the rectory located…

2012.237e.jpg
l to r
Front seated: Elaine Curtin, Eleanor Flaherty

Back standing: Joe Farrell, Aileen Leigher, Joe Cleary, Jack Driscoll, Leo Mullin, Joe Boothroyd, ___?, Ralph Sheridan, ___?, ___?, ___?

Likely presented at Knights of Columbus Hall.

2012.235e.jpg
l to r
Front seated: Rita Sheridan, Elvira D'Errico, ___?, Eleanor Flaherty, Katherine Sheridan, ___?, Jack Driscoll
Back standing: Marion Ledgard, Joe Boothroyd, Joe Cleary, Rose Setipane (?), Leo Mullin, Aileen Leigher, Doris White

img030e.jpg
A Program for a comedy presented by the St. Bridget's Parish Players on March 16 & 17, 1937, 8:00 PM, at the Maynard High School Auditorium.

img166.jpg
A booklet celebrating the 125th Anniversary of the Union Congregational Church. The booklet includes historical highlights of the Parish, a Program for Services, a list of Pastors, Deacons, Superintendents of Sunday School, Church Staff, Boards,…

s2684e.jpg
Fr. Donahue was the Curate at St. Bridget's Church, Maynard from 1924-1932.

2012.179e.jpg
Harold Merriam, Choir Director, left on platform.
Marion Jones, Organist
Rev. Leonard W. Fowler, 4th from right; George Weaving 3rd from right; Murray McKenzie, furthest right.

s359e.jpg
A. M. Osgood was the 21st minister of the Maynard Methodist Church serving from 1912-1917. The history of the church extends back to when the area was referred to as Assabet Village. Church organization was discussed at a meeting for the purpose of…

img147e.jpg
The Annual Report for the Union Congregational Church for 1931. The Annual Report contains financial updates, Church Society updates, and a listing of Officers for 1932.

2012.308e.jpg
Pictures taken at the time of a visit by Archbishop Sheen (1895-1979) to Maynard on the occasion of his birthday.
Right photo: Archbishop Sheen in the center with Fr. Louis Bilicky to his right.

Left photo: Archbishop Sheen seated on the left,…

1999.2114.jpg
Photograph of Maynard, the mill complex, and St. Bridget's Church taken from Summer Hill in 1905.

A booklet dedicated to the celebration of the 60th Anniversary, 1916-1976, of Holy Annunciation Church, Maynard, MA. The booklet describes the history of the Church in Maynard, pictures of clergy, and good wishes from parishioners.

2012.298e.jpg
This could be at the dedication of the church after the conversion from the power house of the trolley line.

img010e.jpg
This brochure was for an annual affair for many years, published by the St. Bridget's Parish in connection with the Fourth of July picnic.

s2250e.jpg
A summer camp owned and run by St. Bridget's.
This is a collection of 46 photographs of the campers and staff of the camp. Six are shown.

Bottom Center Photo: l to r
Back: Anne Flaherty, M. M. Dineen, Nancy Belle Sealey
Front: Ann Hoffman,…

s331ef.jpg
Camp Joyce Kilmer was an Army barracks during World War I and was purchased by St. Bridget's parish through the efforts of Fr. Charles Donahue, Curate at the church. Every summer for nearly ten years the boys and girls of the parish would each spend…