Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (47 total)

  • Tags: fire

The Odd Fellows Building was built in the late 1890's for Julius Loewe who had a pharmacy in one part of the store. There was also a jeweler and a men's clothing store. On the second floor was a hall where several of the local organizations held…

Speculating that this building fire was on Main Street (127 Main?) The business appears to be television/radio store.


Amory Maynard's mansion on "Maynard's Hill" now Dartmouth Street. Built about 1873 and occupied by Amory Maynard and family until his death in 1895. Destroyed by fire in the early morning in July 1965. At the time of the fire the house was owned by…

Maynard House on fire. The house was located at Darmouth and Elmwood Streets. At the time of the fire the house was owned by Anthony Taryma.

This house, the property of the Maynard Country Club, was all that remained of the once large Calvin Whitney farm. It was from this farm that Daniel Conant, a minuteman, left for the Old North Bridge at Concord on the morning of April 19, 1775. The…

Tags: ,

The first and third photo shows the car barn before the fire and after it was rebuilt. The other photos show the structure after the fire.

Carlo Mistretta (center), presumably at a fire.

Destroyed by fire on February 12, 1976.
The building was built in 1904 by George Creighton who had a shoe store on the left with Johnson Pharmacy on the right. It was located between the Masonic Building and the Congregational Church.
The tenants…

This a 1948 International with a Farrar engine. Photo taken in front of fire station on Nason Street.

The file contains history, research notes, newspaper clippings, pamphlets and other materials pertaining to the department.

At the time of the fire T. C. Lando's and Salislito's occupied the first floor and Corner Pocket Billiards was on the second floor. The fire resulted in the demolition of the building.


This site is 45 Main Street.


Built by George Flood, former post master and town office holder, as a livery stable shortly after the civil war. In the 1920's it was remodeled as a hall by Charles C. Murray and used as a dance hall, roller skating rink and basketball court. …

The building on the right was the first Catholic Church at Assabet Village (now Maynard), built in 1865.

Firemen l to r
Front: James Murray, Frank Rhul (John Lawler ?), Allie Martin, Robert Denniston, Levi Cheney, William McAuslin, Jesse Sims,…

The church to the right is St. Bridget's, then located on Main St. where this picture was taken.

Identified people
l to r
Del Martin, William Clements, Henry Ledgard, Joshua Edwards, James Murray, James Cleary, Joshua Edwards, Asahel Haynes,…

1886-07-07 - Flood's Barn, Harriman and Main Streets (via sparks from train)
1893-04-20 - Tucker's Blacksmith Shop
1893-05-05 - Riverside Coop Stores & Hall; Public Library
1893-09-18 - Parmenter Barn and Stable
1894 - Hudson
1894-05-14 - Paper…

The ice house was built by Bent then later run by C. C. Murray and John Zaniewski.
The first photo was taken in 1903, the second is the remains after it burned in 1922 with the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Trolley chimney in the background, and the…

This is the Nason Street entrance of the store that occupied the Naylor Block at the junction of Nason and Main Street. The Naylor Block was destroyed by fire in 1917. S. R. Garland, dentist had his office on the second floor.