Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (14 total)

  • Tags: water

Two clear bottles with silver spigots from the Maydale Beverage Co. The words inscribed on the bottle read: "Maydale Beverage Co., Made from Pure Spring Water, contents 26 fl. oz., Maynard, Mass.".

A history of the water department in Maynard through 1966.

The canteen resembles civil war era canteens, made of tin. A cork was used to seal the top.
Not sure why it ended up in Maynard.

Tony Collins ( right?), Maynard's first full time fireman, is riding the wagon with an unknown individual. The man on the left is operating the valve to get water from the elevated stand. Water was sprayed on the roads to suppress dust.


The document is the plan for Maynard's water pumping stations at the time of the installation of the pipe from White's Pond.

Plans for gates to control water flow in the canal.

Tags: , , , ,

Paul Wilson, Superintendent of the Walter Works, in center of photo is inspecting the work. The water line is being installed from White Pond, Hudson to the Maynard Pumping Station, see 1999.2787.

Located at intersection of Parker Street and Great Road.

The open reservoir was built in 1889, the closed one in 1972.


Donated to the town in 1889 by Lorenzo Maynard, it stood at the corner of Nason and Main Streets until 1915. Later moved to corner of Walnut and Main where it remained until 1952. It was taken to the town barn and dumped with other unused…

Tags: ,

The trough was presented to the Town of Maynard in 1904. Put back together for the Centennial in 1971.
1st photo is upper part located on Concord Street.
2nd photo is the base
3rd photo taken in 1972

Tags: ,

Frank Punch? standing next to trough in second photo.
The trough was accepted by the town on April 2, 1894

Tags: ,

George Hart was an engineer at the town pumping station, a water commissioner and a member of the Board of Selectmen.

Tags: , ,