Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (8478 total)

2019.73e.jpg
Sixty-three pictures of postcards relating to Maynard.

Tags:

2019.63e.jpg
A book of copied postcards that illustrate much of Maynard's early history.

Tags: ,

2019.56e.jpg
A book of copied postcards illustrating Lake Boon during its hay day of summer activities.

Tags: ,

1999.1871e1.jpg
A foldout postcard that contains an insert with a note. The postcard is addressed to Miss Eva May Edwards from Alfreda. It is dated August 18,1904 and seems to come from Finland.

Tags:

2018.377ef.jpg
Before Maynard was incorporated (1871) the area in the vicinity of the woolen mill was referred to as Assabet Village. Not sure what the receipt was for however it looks like Amory Maynard received payment from Lydia Brooks or Thomas Brooks.

1999.1552ef.jpg
Thomas Gramo had a grocery, candy and soda fountain store at the corner of Nason St. and Summer St., the Eagles Block. Later moved to opposite corner and sold to Charlie Cox.

Tags:

1999.A49.jpg
l to r
Jim Farrell, Tim Moynihan, Arthur Sullivan

Shown in the back of the Masonic Block when the Post Office was a tenant.

2025.200e.jpg
Original applications for PO Boxes by:

1. Gruber Bros by Julius Gruber, 6/24/35

2. S. Warsewicz & Annie Bygot, 3-20-30

3. Assabet Institution for Savings, 12-30-30

4. Samuels Studio by R. Samuel Micciche, May 2, 1939

Postmasters were…

2026.201.JPG
Walter Sokolowski was Superintendent of Public Works under the Board of Public Works from December 1988- 1991. In 1991, the Select Board took over the responsibility of the Board of Public Works. He remained as Superintendent.

mhs-2026.25.jpg
Thomas Sheridan was the Superintendent of Public Works from 1975 to 1988.

mhs-2026.30.jpg
Rosario "Chickie" Latucca was an elected member of the Board of Public Works from 1986 to 1991.

mhs-2026.21.jpg
Raymond Sheridan, Sr. was an elected member of the Board of Public Works from 1956 to 1957 and again from 1958 to 1964.

RalphWEmersonN034.jpg
A picture of Ralph Waldo Emerson that hung in the school on Summer Street, Maynard, MA. The school was originally named for Emerson.

mhs-2026.18.jpg
Peter Peterson was the Superintendent of Public Works in 1955.

mhs-2026.26.jpg
Nicholas Kavalchuck Jr. was the Superintendent of Public Works from January 1988 to December 19, 1988 when he stepped down from the position.

2026.200.JPG
Michael Tomyl was an elected member of the Board of Public Works from 1981 until December 1988 when he resigned.

mhs-2026.23.jpg
Michael Barilone was an elected member of the Board of Public Works from 1959 to 1977.

mhs-2024.667.jpg
Portrait of (Jaakko) Lauri Pekkala and sister Ida Maria (Mary) Pekkala Konsen

Tags: