Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (8418 total)

2026.51e.jpg
The combined Police and Fire Station was built in 1955 at the intersection of Summer and Acton Streets, 1 Summer Street. The following were instrumental in the project: Leo F. Mullin, R. Frank Punch, Harold R. Wilcox, William Naylor, David L.…

2026.54.JPG
Chet Atkins was born in Geneva, Switzerland on April 14, 1948. He graduated from Concord-Carlisle High School in 1966, then attended Antioch College in Ohio. He served in the Massachusetts House of Representatives 1970-71, the Massachusetts Senate…

2026.58ef.jpg
Summer Hill is seen in background. The house, center right, is still at same location.

2026.59ef.jpg
The photo was taken from the west bank of the Assabet River looking up stream. The houses center back are on Euclid Ave. The lower bridge was used for coal trucks leaving coal company to access Main St.

2026.60.JPG
1978 photo of Stretch's Tavern at 29 Main Street. It was printed in the Assabet Valley Beacon in March of that year. The owner at that time was Frank Kane of Maynard. His bartender was George "Sudsy" Aho, also of Maynard. The place was an…

2026.62.JPG
The blizzard occurred February 6-7, 1978. The photo shows two snowmobiles at the intersection of Main and Nason Streets. The photo was probably taken on February 7th and appeared in the Assabet Valley Beacon on February 9, 1978. In the background…

mhs-2026.72.pdf
A faded list of the characteristics that define real "Millrats", a DEC cultural term (of sorts) for a Digital employee who has worked in the Maynard Mill for a long time.

mhs-2026.76.pdf
A partial review of the engineering culture at DEC praising and critiquing the strurcture the company has developed.

2026.81ef.jpg
The view is from Summer Hill:
Far right, white building is St. Bridget's Church, a bit to left is the Main St. School, brick. Further to the left are the six white houses on Front Street and of course the Mill with a single chimney (in 1916 a second…

2026.86ef.jpg
The Powder Mill was located on the Acton-Maynard line. The office is approximately where 145 Powder Mill Rd., Acton is now with Sudbury Rd. slightly seen on the back left.

2026.91ef.jpg
The Question Club was organized in 1909 as a women's social club. The club met on the first Monday of the month at various members homes. Singing, conversation, cards, a business meeting and refreshments were on the agenda. The club was still…

Tags: ,

2026.105ef.jpg
The trolley tracks to South Acton (Lowell, Acton and Maynard St. RR.) are seen in the foreground curving from Main St. to Nason St,

2026.89ef.jpg
On the left are the Boston & Maine Railroad tracks running parallel with Railroad Street. The center track, on Main St., is for the Concord, Maynard and Hudson St. Railroad (trolley). On the right is a siding of the B & M, with mill pond in…

2026.90ef.jpg
Main Street is on the right with the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway (trolley) tracks. Nason Street is on the left with the Lowell, Acton & Maynard Line. The Naylor Block is in the center, destroyed by fire in 1917.

2026.137.JPG
This helmet was used during the period from 1969 to 1979 by the High School. That group of helmets were later used by the Junior High School. This is an evaluation of the helmets used over the years. They started with leather helmets in the…

2026.146e1.jpeg
The men and women of the club displaying their trophies and medals. Photo taken in the Parker Street Hall.

2026.147ef.jpg
Four women members of the Kanto Athletic Club.
see 2026.146 to view other members