Browse Items (3 total)
Hose Wagon in Front of Fire Station - early 1900's
Maynard Fire Department
Maynard's first fire station, located on Nason Street, was built ca 1891 and was used until early 1950's when a new station was built on Summer Street. Tony Collins is the driver, the first full time fireman (1903). At the very extreme left of the…
Maynard's "Old Jail" on Nason Street
Built in 1891, the jail was the first brick building built by the Town of Maynard for municipal purposes. It was used continuously until 1934 when the police department moved to Main Street. The building was demolished in March 1984 to make way for…
Centennial Monograph: The Battle of the Bottle
An account of the turbulent interplay of alcohol, the Temperance movement and Prohibition in Maynard.