Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (42 total)

  • Tags: trolley

The electricity to run the trolley was generated in this building. It was a brick building with iron trusses, 48 by 120 ft., covered with a wood roof overlaid with tar and gravel.
The interior of the structure had two Babcock & Wilcox boilers…

The car is on Nason St. returning from South Acton. The watering trough in the foreground is now at the corner of Acton and Summer Streets in front of the fire station.

The car barn was built by the trolley company in 1901, on the south side of the Great Boston Road, near the intersection of Main Street, Maynard. It was brick construction with a wood roof, measuring 51 ft by 204 ft, having four tracks accommodating…

The first and third photo shows the car barn before the fire and after it was rebuilt. The other photos show the structure after the fire.

This photo shows the power station, then St. Casimir's Church, and the car barn, occupied by Atkins and Merrill Inc, of the former Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway Company. Both buildings have flat roofs, a facade was put on the church…

The folder contains newspaper clippings, photo copies of pictures, maps, an assessment of the historical significance of the car barn and other related materials.

The Concord, Maynard and Hudson trolley opened in 1901 and later was extended from Maynard to South Acton and West Acton. This small booklet was produced to give guidance to the employees of the trolley. Note on the sample page 24 the procedure to…

A promotional brochure produced by the Concord, Maynard & Hudson trolley and sponsored by various merchants along the route from Hudson to Concord. From the introduction: "The completion of the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway connects…

A book that describes the development of the Concord, Maynard & Hudson trolley from its origin in 1899 to its demise in 1922. It includes photos of the rolling stock, employees and carhouse, timetables, usage, fares, finances, a description of riding…

Shows the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway turnout opposite boarding houses.
Copied from a postcard.

This house is moving along Main Street in front of #56, P. Sullivan Clothing Cleaned, Pressed, Dyed and ???. The business next door is the Marlboro Dye House, Cleaners and Dyers. The #19 car trolley (an open 12 bench Wasson with a seating capacity…

Tags: ,

The first picture is a photo of the square showing the trolley car heading west. The second picture is a copy of a postcard made from the first picture. Not the electric poles and wire are removed and the trees have leafed out!

The cars are shown at the turnout near Priest's Corner, Stow, Mass.

A group of employees of the Woolen Mill about to take a trip on an open trolley car. Photo taken on Main Street in front of the Congregational Church.

Right: 1. Band Stand; 2. Masonic Block (post office); 3. Creighton Block (Johnson Pharmacy); Center: CM&H Railway Car; Left: Riverside Hall (A.T. Haynes Co); 2. Wall, fence and trees in front of Amory Maynard, II residence; 3. Naylor Block (destroyed…


Used only on special occasions.