Browse Items (90 total)
Sort by:
Christie's Store - ca1910
A sepia-colored picture of the front of Christie's Store and its employees. The store was located on Main Street.
Thomas Naylor Shoe Store - ca 1880
A sepia-colored picture of the Thomas Naylor Shoe Store on the corner of Main Street and Nason Street. The picture shows five adults and three children, ca 1880.
Stereo Card of H. B. Gove and His Bakers Cart - 1867
This photo was used in a stereoscope in the 1880's. The photo was taken at the corner of Nason and Summer Streets in 1867. It was taken at the spot where the Riverside Cooperative was built and is now owned by the Knights of Columbus of Maynard, MA.…
The Priest Family - Getting Ready for the Holidays
Two copies of a sepia-colored photograph of the Priest Family. The Priests ran the Central Market, at the corner of Nason and Summer Streets. The photo captures the Priest family plucking chickens- considered to be serious business by the family- in…
Nason Street Rebuilding - 1959
Rebuilding Nason Street during the summer of 1959. Note the old trolley car rails in foreground. Robert Connors a local resident checking out the situation.
Stores seen on the left side.
Pizza and Spaghetti house #38
Kingdom hall of Jehovah's…
Stores seen on the left side.
Pizza and Spaghetti house #38
Kingdom hall of Jehovah's…
Nason & Summer Street - ca 1877
The corner of Summer and Nason Streets when Maynard was know as Assabet Village. Part of the first building still exist.
Nason Street - 1921
Pappas Fruits, Boston Clothing, Sexton's Lunch, Macurda's Drugs, People's Theater under construction, P. H Lee Rexall Drug
People's Theater built in 1921 by a group of local businessman, opened on May 6. James Ledgard was the manager. A very…
People's Theater built in 1921 by a group of local businessman, opened on May 6. James Ledgard was the manager. A very…
Views of Nason Street - ca 1965
Two views taken same day. 1st photo taken from square looking north. 2nd photo taken from Summer Street looking south.
Nason Street - Early 1900's
First photo a view of Nason Street looking south shows B.J. Coughlan's paper store, W.B. Case's dry goods store, P. H. DeLee's drugstore, and Jennie Dean's millinery. Most of the homes on Nason Street were moved to Acton or upper Nason…
Nason Street toward the Square - ca 1905
The Masonic Block is visible in center at end of street and the Clock Tower can be seen center right in the background.
Masonic Building - ca 1895
Then known as the Maynard Block, it was built by the Maynard Family (likely Lorenzo Maynard) in 1888 and acquired by the Masons in 1922. The view is from Nason Street. The Building was located at 100 Main St.
50th Anniversary Parade - 1921
Nason Street
A view before the parade on Nason Street looking toward Main Street.
Trolley Car on Nason Street - early 1900's
Concord, Maynard & Hudson Street Railway
The car is on Nason St. returning from South Acton. The watering trough in the foreground is now at the corner of Acton and Summer Streets in front of the fire station.
Junction of Main & Nason Street - 1910
Maynard, Mass.
The first picture is a photo of the square showing the trolley car heading west. The second picture is a copy of a postcard made from the first picture. Not the electric poles and wire are removed and the trees have leafed out!
William G. Priest with Town of Maynard Steamroller
A photo of "Grampy" Priest with the Town of Maynard Steamroller on Nason Street, Maynard, MA.
Nason Street from the Square - ca 1911
Jennie Deane's Millinery Store on the left front. Naylor's Block on right front. The Lorenzo Maynard watering trough can be seen at the curb in front of the Naylor Block.
Junction of Main and Nason Streets - 1910
Two views about the same period. The second card refers to the connection of the Concord, Maynard and Hudson St. Ry. with the Lowell, Acton and Maynard line.
Naylor Block in the center, back.
Note in the colorized version of the first card that the…
Naylor Block in the center, back.
Note in the colorized version of the first card that the…