Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (37 total)

  • Tags: store

F. W. Woolworth Co., a national 5 & 10 cent chain, was located at 65 Main Street. Woolworth's came to Maynard in 1916 when the company purchased a local 5 & 10 owned by A. Z. Lloyd on Main Street, remaining in business until the mid-1990's.

A sign for George H. Creighton Boots & Shoes Store. The Creighton Block building was built in 1904 by George Creighton who had a shoe store there.

A metal sign for Lerer's Store. The store outfitted the entire family with clothes and sundries. The store was owned by Samuel Lerer and located on (117) Main St., Maynard, 1916-1930's.

A Hudson Dress Shoppe box that notes stores in Maynard, Hudson, and Westboro, MA.

The Maynard store was located at 10 Nason Street.

A souvenir china plate from Jacob Oberg Shoe Store. The plate shows the monthly calendars for 1913, and has the words: " Jacob Oberg, Dry goods, Boots & Shoes, Maynard, Mass".

The Jacob Oberg started the shoe store in 1903 at the lower end of…

Haynes Bros. store occupied 1 Riverside Block, formerly Gruber Bros. Furniture, 115 Main St.

A history of the United Cooperative Society from its inception through its state in the late 1960s.

A black and white photo of Irwin Gomberg at a jewelry and watch store at 79 Main St., Maynard. It was named The Village Jewelry Store.

Arthur Gladky was the previous owner, then known as Arthur's Jewelry Store.

Tags: ,

An index of 73 properties along Main, Nason, Summer and Waltham Streets with an evaluation and suggestions for facade improvements. Seventeen Nason St, shown as an example.

A black and white photograph of Marco's Liquor Store at 48 Main Street, Maynard. Charlie Chandler appears to the far right in the photo. The owners are to the left.

A receipt from the Arthur T. Haynes, Department Store to Bert Batley. The purchase of rugs, shades, and rollers totaled $161.11 on November 1, 1905.


l to r
Frances Taralli (Manager), Bob Gilligan (Selectman), Alice Chisholm (Assistant Manager)


Originally the Case Block, built by W. B. Case in 1902 for his dry goods store.

Tags: ,

Center Factory Outlet was a clothing store located on 94 Main Street.

The owners Conrad Mayberry and Dick White working in front during a sale.

This was part of the Co-op appliance store located at 62
Main St.

The store was located at 77 Main Street.

Tags: ,

Victor Tomyl and John Sebastyn.
The store was located at 18 Nason St.

Gruber's was located at 117 Main. St.
Wasil Chernak (left)

Tags: ,

Wasil Chernak (center)

Tags: ,