Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: Riverside Block

This sign was on the front of the present bank building for several years until the time they started to be open on Saturdays. The Assabet Institution for Savings opened April 29, 1904, on the second floor of the Riverside Block , now Grubers. On…

Originally organized as the "Sovereigns of Industry" in 1875, it created a grocery store and cultural center that served the town for over 50 years as a cooperative.

The building was historically referred to as the Riverside Block, now 117 Main Street.

Gruber's is located at 117 Main St., historically referred to as the Riverside Block.

A box office window card advertising the movies playing at the Maynard Theater (in Gruber's Block) the week of November 3, 1930

Maynard Theatre Movie Poster - 1931
The Maynard Theatre was on the second floor of the Gruber Building, 177 Main St.

The poster advertised and promoted the silent movie. Riverside Theatre was located on the second floor of the block at the intersection of Walnut and Main Street.

A show card for the week of October 23, 1932 for People's on Nason Street and Maynard Theatre, Gruber Block, on Main Street.

The structure was built in the late 1860's by the Maynard Family. It was sold to Alfred T. Haynes in 1893 and then to the Gruber Brothers in 1917.
Entire upper floors destroyed by fire on July 14, 1934.
The hall on the second level was used for…

The building was built in the late 1860's by the Maynard Family. The Town of Maynard's first town meeting was held in the hall on the second floor. The building was the the location of the Gruber furniture store at 117 Main St. for many years. The…

The major tenant seems to be Sitchel & Hovey Dry Goods. Maynard held its first Town Meeting and elections at this hall in 1871.

A photograph of the Historical Marker located at 117 Main Street, Gruber Bros for many years. The building was originally called the Riverside Block and built by the Maynard Family.

A lobby card for the (silent) movie "Those Who Dance"