Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: bandstand

The bandstand was built in the 1930's by the WPA at Crowe Park. The Green Meadow School can be seen in the background. The bandstand was taken down in the 1990's, deemed unsafe.

The bandstand was built by Abel Haynes in 1904, and was set up at the foot of Walnut and Main Streets (then known as Post Office Square). The Maynard Brass Band used it until 1915. At that time, as a result of a dispute between the Maynard Brass…