Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (13 total)

  • Tags: Walnut Street

Joseph Porrazzo owned a barber shop on Walnut Street for 50 years. This was his shop sign.

This kerosene lantern was used by Charles Ryan, Sr. while watchman at the Walnut Street Gate of the Assabet Mills. It was carried by Mr. Ryan when making his hourly rounds through the mills.

Street-level diagrams for the existing and planned addition of the New England Telephone & Telegraph office (Main & Walnut Street)

Two blueprints of Walnut Street, Maynard, in 1904. Landmarks include the property of H. J. Dwinell, Dr. Howard Hamblen, Elias Severson, John Flood, Hugh McPhail, James Haire, M. E Parsonage, Mary Thompson, John McGill, W. H. Eveleth, TIMOTHY Buckley,…

This picture was taken from Walnut St. before Walnut St. was relocated and the bridge built across the river in 1872. At the time of this photo Walnut St. ran from Main St. to Thompson St. After Walnut St. was relocated it was extended to Parker St.…

1st photo: Taken around 1900. It shows the backside of the newly constructed Masonic Building, the apartments on River Street, the back of the Congregational Church, and in the foreground the river and Walnut Street bridge.

2nd photo: Taken in…

A photo of the Maynard Mills looking up Walnut Street, dated 1914.

A photo of the Walnut Street Bridge in 1932. Several Maynard citizens are posing: (r-l) Richard Sherman, Victor Kizik, Johnny ___, Roy Dean, and (unidentified).

Sepia-tinged photos (2 ct) of Walter Larkin's home, the former Methodist Parsonage), on Walnut St., Maynard.

The bandstand was built by Abel Haynes in 1904, and was set up at the foot of Walnut and Main Streets (then known as Post Office Square). The Maynard Brass Band used it until 1915. At that time, as a result of a dispute between the Maynard Brass…

Originally Walnut St. was laid out in 1865 and ran from Main St. to Thompson St. and was on the south side of the Assabet River, but in 1862 it was relocated on the north side of the river from Main Street to Parker Street and an iron bridge built. …