Browse Items (120 total)
Sort by:
F. W. Woolworth Company
Woolworth's, a national five and dime store, was located at 69 Main Street. A sale for 10% off is in the windows (Wed, April 30th)
The Avalon - Boston Garden Annex
The Avalon, a bar located at 163 Main Street, proclaims itself the Boston Garden Annex and "Goooo Bruins!".
The Bar was owned by Bob Tobin and Walter Sokolowski
The Bar was owned by Bob Tobin and Walter Sokolowski
Boston Edison crew working on down electric wires.
The Boston Edison crew working on down electric wires and leaning pole at 127 Main St. The work crew is Charles Allan and his son Wayne.
Boston Edison crew working on down wires
Charles Allan and his son Wayne Allan, a crew from Boston Edison, working on down electric wires and leaning pole at 127 Main St.
France's Store
Photos of France's Market - with the advent of the automobile, the "Mom and Pop" variety stores took up the selling of gasoline. Frances's Market was located at the intersection of Main Street and Great Road, Maynard, MA. It provided the lowest…
Thomas Naylor Shoe Store - ca 1880
A sepia-colored picture of the Thomas Naylor Shoe Store on the corner of Main Street and Nason Street. The picture shows five adults and three children, ca 1880.
Main Street Parade
Two photos of a holiday parade marching down Main Street, Maynard, MA. In one photo Ms. Harrington's father, Fred W. Green, is carrying the flag from West Acton, MA to Maynard, MA. The individuals were members of the I.O.O.F., Maynard.
Storefront window of Gruber Brothers Furniture
A store window featuring Serta "Perfect Sleeper" Mattress (for $79.50) at Gruber's at 117 Main St.
Gruber Brothers Furniture Store & Christie and Thomson Auto Parts
Photograph of Gruber Brothers Furniture located at 117 Main Street. The building dates to the 1860's when it was known as the Riverside Building. The upper floor of the building was destroyed by fire on July 14, 1934. Second photo taken later after…
Main Street and Masonic Block - 1969
This building was built by Lorenzo Maynard in 1888 and called the Maynard Block for many years. It was located at 100 Main St.
Main Street & Post Office - ca 1910
Maynard, Mass.
A view of Main Street at the Maynard (Masonic) Block and the band stand. The post office was in the Masonic Block, 100 Main St.
Main Street - 1909
Looking east on Main Street from Spring Lane. The current Town Building would be located on the left near the third telephone post. Boston and Maine Railroad freight cars crossing in background way down the street.
Amory Maynard, 2nd - 1916
House on Main Street
Pictures taken in front of the Amory Maynard home on Main Street.
Left photo
l to r
Front: Phil Bower, Allie Peterson, Jack Cronin
2nd: Chet Downey, Harold Sheridan, Mike Lynch
3rd: Bill Hunt, Paul Luker, John Lyons
Back: Jake Moynihan,…
Left photo
l to r
Front: Phil Bower, Allie Peterson, Jack Cronin
2nd: Chet Downey, Harold Sheridan, Mike Lynch
3rd: Bill Hunt, Paul Luker, John Lyons
Back: Jake Moynihan,…
Cloth from Assabet Mills - 1916
Load of Cloth from Assabet Mills at the Express Office on Main Street, 1916. From Left to Right Arthur Jordan, Richard Parmenter at rear of truck, Joe Fitzpatrick, Arley Lawrence at side, William Nelson, driver.
Main Street, West End - early 1900's
Shows the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway turnout opposite boarding houses.
Copied from a postcard.
Copied from a postcard.
Junction of Main & Nason Street - 1910
Maynard, Mass.
The first picture is a photo of the square showing the trolley car heading west. The second picture is a copy of a postcard made from the first picture. Not the electric poles and wire are removed and the trees have leafed out!
Final Resting Place of the Old Bandstand - 1915
The bandstand was built by Abel Haynes in 1904, and was set up at the foot of Walnut and Main Streets (then known as Post Office Square). The Maynard Brass Band used it until 1915. At that time, as a result of a dispute between the Maynard Brass…