Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (47 total)

  • Tags: fire

This printed card shows all the fire alarm boxes in use in 1927. The card was addressed to Mrs. Gertrude Beane, 15 DeMars St., Maynard, Mass.

This house, the property of the Maynard Country Club, was all that remained of the once large Calvin Whitney farm. It was from this farm that Daniel Conant, a minuteman, left for the Old North Bridge at Concord on the morning of April 19, 1775. The…

Tags: ,

The Odd Fellows Building was built in the late 1890's for Julius Loewe who had a pharmacy in one part of the store. There was also a jeweler and a men's clothing store. On the second floor was a hall where several of the local organizations held…

Completely destroyed by fire on September 20, 1916

Tags: ,

The building on the right was the first Catholic Church at Assabet Village (now Maynard), built in 1865.

Firemen l to r
Front: James Murray, Frank Rhul (John Lawler ?), Allie Martin, Robert Denniston, Levi Cheney, William McAuslin, Jesse Sims,…

A fire at 120 Great Road on the night of June 17, 1948 at the Russian Bakery.

Five photos of the Nason St. School the day after the fire.

Top is the front of school, bottom photo is a back view.

Pictures of the ruins the morning after the school was completely destroyed by a fire on September 21, 1916. This is the…


The Main Street School, Woodrow Wilson School, was totally destroyed by a predawn fire on December 17, 1952.

Tags: ,

Fire broke out in the night of February 11, 1917 and by the morning had destroyed the Naylor Block that extended along Nason Street and around the corner onto Main Street. Several tenants were rounted from the second floor which also housed the Tel…

Tags: ,

This is the Nason Street entrance of the store that occupied the Naylor Block at the junction of Nason and Main Street. The Naylor Block was destroyed by fire in 1917. S. R. Garland, dentist had his office on the second floor.

The fire began at 6:05 PM on 30 Jan 1936. The 1st photo is a view the day after the fire, 31 Jan 1936 at 10:30 AM, from the Summer Street side. The second photo is from the front on Nason Street.
Built by the Association in 1882 as a four story…

Views of the ruins the morning after the school was completely destroyed by a fire on September 21, 1916. This is the second Nason Street School, built in 1892. The foundation was retained for the 3rd Nason Street School, The Theodore Roosevelt…

Built on Summer Hill in January of 1942 by the American Legion and volunteers. It was manned 24 hours per day by local people and later taken over by the U. S. Army to protect the Ammunition Depot. The Army maintained the tower until the end of the…

Amory Maynard's mansion on "Maynard's Hill" now Dartmouth Street. Built about 1873 and occupied by Amory Maynard and family until his death in 1895. Destroyed by fire in the early morning in July 1965. At the time of the fire the house was owned by…

The constitution and by-laws of Maynard's first official fire department (company).

(The document is likely a reproduction as it neither dated nor signed.)

The first and third photo shows the car barn before the fire and after it was rebuilt. The other photos show the structure after the fire.

The file contains history, research notes, newspaper clippings, pamphlets and other materials pertaining to the department.