Browse Items (31 total)
Sort by:
"Elmhurst" Wooden Sign
This sign was on the front end of the old horse barn which was formerly on the Thompson or Eveleth land on Great Road, referred to as "Elmhurst Farm". The barn was moved to the Salo Farm on Parker Street in the rear of a home at 129 Parker Street…
Maynard Billboard - 1925
This billboard advertising tires in Maynard was located at Nine Acre Corner on Route 117 in Sudbury. Photo was taken by Robert Sheridan in 1925.
Building Designation / Navigation Sign
Digital
These signs were posted to help the employees know where they were in the Mill. (Similar wayfinding signs were used in other Digital facilities.)
MLO12-2 means Maynard Mill, building 12, 2nd floor.
Prior to July 1982 all Digital buildings had…
MLO12-2 means Maynard Mill, building 12, 2nd floor.
Prior to July 1982 all Digital buildings had…
Maydale Sign
Paul Hilander, owner of the Maydale Spring Company of Maynard, owned a cottage at Lake Boon and had this sign over the front door. Later the cottage was owned by John Kennedy. The sign was reversed and lettered "Cuddle Doon". The cottage was…
Classic Properties
Century 21 Sign
A yard sign used to identify properties for sale by Paul Boothroyd's Classic Properties.
Kelvinator Appliances
United Co-op
A metal sign that advertised the appliances in the store.
The store was located at 62 Main St.
The store was located at 62 Main St.
Wall Poster
Maynard Area Auto Club
Poster advertising the 1990 Autofest held at the Maynard Rod and Gun Club.
Farm Bureau Sign - 1949
Sign sent to a member of the Middlesex County Farm Bureau affiliated with the Massachusetts Farm Bureau Federation and the American Farm Bureau Federation. The member is listed as Charles Bjorkleand, likely meant to be Bjorklund.
Maynard Tax Collector Office Sign
This sign was used for many years at the old Town House. It hung on the outside of the building under the Tax Collector and Treasurer Office.
Serv-u Shop Signs
Two Serv-U Shop signs was made by Miss Marion F. Spinney from a piece of wood from her home. The Serv-U Shop was located on Nason St. in the Naylor Block. Miss Spinney was the originator and owner of the Shop from 1924-1967. The Shop dealt in…
Maynard Centennial Sign - 1971
Two Centennial sign posted at the outskirts of Maynard during the Centennial celebrations.
Lerer's Store Sign
A metal sign for Lerer's Store. The store outfitted the entire family with clothes and sundries. The store was owned by Samuel Lerer and located on (117) Main St., Maynard, 1916-1930's.
Maydale Beverage Sign
A Maydale Beverage Company advertising sign that was used by the Maynard Bottling Company of Glendale Street, Maynard, owned an operated by Paul Hilander. The orange and ginger ale bottled by this company was known throughout the entire Eastern…
Astwood & Townsend Sign
Astwood & Townsend Plumbing business sign. Mr. Townsend was in the plumbing business with A. D. Holt. Mr. Astwood joined the firm and later Mr. Bemis joined. The firm finally known as Warren E. Bemis Co. It was located on Nason St., until 1970.