Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (227 total)

  • Tags: church

mhs-2019.208.pdf
A history of the origins of the Mission Evangelical Congregational Church (originally known as Finnish Congregational Church).

2012.220e.jpg
The three informal photos show Fr. Crowe at the dedication of the John A. Crowe Park, October 1, 1915. He is shown autographing a program. Fr. Crowe was pastor of St. Bridger's Parish and instrumental in obtaining land for the park. He was the…

s189e.jpg
This photo was taken soon after the construction of the building at the corner of Summer and Main Street. The reverse side of the photo has a note that reads "X mark rooms we had Sunday School in before church was built. Maple House Hotel, right…

s1299e.jpg
The right photo shows Fr. Browne standing on the St. Bridget's Rectory in 1913. During his time St. Elizabeth's Chapel was built in West Acton and served by the Maynard clergy.

2023.457.jpg
A pamphlet honoring Fr. Bilicky on the Golden Anniversary of his Ordination (50 years), May 16, 1999. Fr. Bilicky served as the pastor of St. Casimir's Church.

Includes:
- Biography
- Photos of Fr. Lou throughout his life
- Letters of tribute…

mhs-2017.420.pdf
A historical account of the Union Congregational Church of Maynard (Main Street) written at the time of their 100th anniversary

img159e.jpg
A booklet describing the objective of the Society, monthly Scripture readings, and a listing of the Society's Officers for 1903.

mhs-2019.217.pdf
The origins and history of the town's Methodist church from 1867 through 1970.

mhs-2015.420.jpg
Depicts the church, rectory, and pastor Rev. Jno. A. Crowe

2024-4fronts.jpg
Mother's Day Spiritual Bouquet and Father's Day Spiritual Bouquet

2012.156e.jpg
l to r
Top: Rev. Walter E. Brown, 1909-17; Parish Rectory; Rev. Edward F. Crowley, 1918-1930; Rev. Charles McGuire (Sweeney?); Rev. John A. Crowe, 1894-1905

Bottom: Rev. John McHugh, 1917-18; St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, Acton (which was…

s283e.jpg
The Cadets were organized under the leadership of Major Rev. Charles A. Donahue, Curate at St. Bridget's. Shown in the center of the group photo: Sgt. William C. Coughlin, Bugles; Captain Harold V. Sheridan, Drill Master; Major Rev. Charles A.…

2012.298e.jpg
This could be at the dedication of the church after the conversion from the power house of the trolley line.

2012.351e.jpg
The church's cornerstone was laid on May 23, 1923 at the corner of Walnut and Thompson Streets. Its bell tower contains what used to be the curfew bell at the American Woolen Mill.
The pastor at that time was Rev. Johannes Vaanaren.

s151e.jpg
A photo of St. Bridget's Church interior.

2021.376e1.jpg
The atlas contains maps of the cities, towns and villages of Middlesex County with the names of streets, houses, churches, schools and hotels.

The map of Maynard includes:

Streets: Acton, Alendale (Glendale), Beachmont, Brooks, Concord, Front,…

2020.318e.jpg
A pen and ink drawing of the church mounted on a wood block to be hung on a wall.

Tags: ,

s359e.jpg
A. M. Osgood was the 21st minister of the Maynard Methodist Church serving from 1912-1917. The history of the church extends back to when the area was referred to as Assabet Village. Church organization was discussed at a meeting for the purpose of…