Browse Items (143 total)
Sort by:
Nason Street School Fire - 1916
Views of the ruins the morning after the school was completely destroyed by a fire on September 21, 1916. This is the second Nason Street School, built in 1892. The foundation was retained for the 3rd Nason Street School, The Theodore Roosevelt…
Riverside Cooperative Hall Fire - 1936
The fire began at 6:05 PM on 30 Jan 1936. The 1st photo is a view the day after the fire, 31 Jan 1936 at 10:30 AM, from the Summer Street side. The second photo is from the front on Nason Street.
Built by the Association in 1882 as a four story…
Built by the Association in 1882 as a four story…
Lerer's Store - 1916
This is the Nason Street entrance of the store that occupied the Naylor Block at the junction of Nason and Main Street. The Naylor Block was destroyed by fire in 1917. S. R. Garland, dentist, had his office on the second floor.
Naylor Block Fire Photo Collage - 1917
Fire broke out in the night of February 11, 1917 and by the morning had destroyed the Naylor Block that extended along Nason Street and around the corner onto Main Street. Several tenants were rounted from the second floor which also housed the Tel…
Woodrow Wilson School Fire - 1952
Main Street School
The Main Street School, Woodrow Wilson School, was totally destroyed by a predawn fire on December 17, 1952.
Nason Street School Fire - 1916
Five photos of the Nason St. School the day after the fire.
Top is the front of school, bottom photo is a back view.
Pictures of the ruins the morning after the school was completely destroyed by a fire on September 21, 1916. This is the…
Top is the front of school, bottom photo is a back view.
Pictures of the ruins the morning after the school was completely destroyed by a fire on September 21, 1916. This is the…
Russian Bakery Fire - 1948
A fire at 120 Great Road on the night of June 17, 1948 at the Russian Bakery.
Hook and Ladder No. 1 - 1891
Maynard Fire Department
The building on the right was the first Catholic Church at Assabet Village (now Maynard), built in 1865.
Firemen l to r
Front: James Murray, Frank Rhul (John Lawler ?), Allie Martin, Robert Denniston, Levi Cheney, William McAuslin, Jesse Sims,…
Firemen l to r
Front: James Murray, Frank Rhul (John Lawler ?), Allie Martin, Robert Denniston, Levi Cheney, William McAuslin, Jesse Sims,…
Main Street School, Maynard, Mass.
Built on the site of an 1857 wooden school, dedicated on April 19, 1903, it was renamed the Woodrow Wilson School in 1932. The building was destroyed by fire on December 18, 1952. It was not rebuilt and site became the location of the Town Hall…
Main Street School, Maynard, Mass.
Built in 1903 - Name changed to Wilson School in March 1932. Closed June 19472. Reopened in September 1948. Totally destroyed by fire on December 17, 1952
Maynard High School (rear) from Glendale Street
Built in 1892 on the site of the original Nason Street School. Completely destroyed by fire on September 20, 1916. (Roosevelt School/Maynard Public Library). Rear view of the building.
Naylor's Block Morning After Fire - February 1917
Block stood at corner of Main and Nason Streets and late Saturday night February ?, 1917 was destroyed by fire.
Cooperative Hall after the fire - 1936
Riverside Cooperative Building, built in 1882, destroyed January 30, 1936.(Rebuilt as the Knights of Columbus building, corner of Nason St. and Summer St.)
Ruins of Music Hall (The Rink)
Better known as The Rink, built in 1885 by Lorenzo Maynard. Later site of Tutto's Bowling Alleys. Completely destroyed by fire Tuesday, November 26, 1912.
Nason Street School - Morning after the Fire - 1916
Completely destroyed by fire on September 20, 1916
Music Hall Fire - 1912
The Music Hall ("The Rink") was the center of all activity in town. Shows, balls, roller skating, dances, basketball, reunions, graduations, etc. Completely destroyed by fire in December 1912. (Tutto's Alleys)