Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (8301 total)

2013.122e.jpg
When Amory Maynard came to Maynard in 1846 he lived in one of the Smith houses on Summer Hill Road. Later he built this house on Main Street (now 145) opposite the Mill and lived there until he moved to a new house on Maynard Hill ("Beechmount") in…

2013.115e.jpg
The parents of Amory Maynard are buried at Spring Hill Burying Ground, Marlborough, MA.

Isaac Maynard
Died Sept. 12, 1820
AE 39 Ys 9 Ms. 5 Ds

Lydia (Howe) Stow
wife of Abraham Stow and former wife of Isaac Maynard
Died July 27, 1863
AE …

1999.2454e.jpg
A copy of a pew deed paid by Isaac Maynard, father of Amory Maynard, for $49 dollars.

img271e.jpg
The Practical Weaver is a book of reference for the mathematics involved in the daily running of the weaving, carding, spinning rooms. This includes wages, advertising and production costs, to name a few.

img270e.jpg
A series of copies of Assabet Mills/Maunfacturing Company memos written by Amory Maynard from the Counting Room, 1867-1872. These memos were written to Mr. Charles Sargent and addressed the need for various machinery activities.

2013.107ef.jpg
Letters written by Charles Pease to his sister, Mrs. Augustia Smith of Assabet, Mass. (now Maynard).

There are three different patriotic Civil War envelopes. All three postmarks are unreadable in whole or substantial part. They are addressed…

2013.108e.jpg
Thirty Eight pages of agendas, events, newsletters, newspaper clippings etc...during the 1970's and 1980's of the association assembled by Helen Ketola.

1999.1491e.jpg
Certificate written in Danish
Born on April 19, 1903, baptized May 31, 1903 in Maynard, Mass.

Tags: ,

1999.B82e.jpg
Four photos of the Nason Street School Fire, 1916, and four photos the Naylor Block Fire,1917, pasted on black paper.
Naylor Block Fire: Fire broke out in the night of February 11, 1917 and by the morning had destroyed the Naylor Block that…

Copies of miscellaneous deeds of the property along Parker Street relating to the Parker and Paper Mill properties.

1999.159e.jpg
Located on Main Street

Tags: ,

2013.101e.jpg
Maynard Fire Department was first to respond.

Tags:

1999.131e.jpg
The ruins of the hotel fire with the Eagle Block in the background of the first photo.

Tags: ,

2013.98e.jpg
55-59 Main Street at Stuart Block (rear of building)

Tags:

1999.B206e.jpg
This was a married (Cornelius) vs single men game at Crowe Park. Old Grandstand visible in left rear.

1999.B16e.jpg
He joined the force in 1902 and became Chief in 1921. John Connors died in 1936.
Second photo dated March 1923