Browse Items (8418 total)
Sort by:
Kanto Athletic Club
Maynard, MA.
Four women members of the Kanto Athletic Club.
see 2026.146 to view other members
see 2026.146 to view other members
W. & U. S. Kanto Athletic Club
The men and women of the club displaying their trophies and medals. Photo taken in the Parker Street Hall.
Maynard High School Football Helmet
This helmet was used during the period from 1969 to 1979 by the High School. That group of helmets were later used by the Junior High School. This is an evaluation of the helmets used over the years. They started with leather helmets in the…
Wide Angle View of the Square, Junction of Main and Nason St. Maynard
Main Street is on the right with the Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway (trolley) tracks. Nason Street is on the left with the Lowell, Acton & Maynard Line. The Naylor Block is in the center, destroyed by fire in 1917.
Wide Angle View of Main Street Crossing
On the left are the Boston & Maine Railroad tracks running parallel with Railroad Street. The center track, on Main St., is for the Concord, Maynard and Hudson St. Railroad (trolley). On the right is a siding of the B & M, with mill pond in…
Congregational Church, Maynard, Mass
The trolley tracks to South Acton (Lowell, Acton and Maynard St. RR.) are seen in the foreground curving from Main St. to Nason St,
The Question Club- ca.1910
The Question Club was organized in 1909 as a women's social club. The club met on the first Monday of the month at various members homes. Singing, conversation, cards, a business meeting and refreshments were on the agenda. The club was still…
Powder Mill Office
Greetings from Maynard, Mass.
The Powder Mill was located on the Acton-Maynard line. The office is approximately where 145 Powder Mill Rd., Acton is now with Sudbury Rd. slightly seen on the back left.
Assabet Mills and Bird's-Eye of Maynard, Mass.
The view is from Summer Hill:
Far right, white building is St. Bridget's Church, a bit to left is the Main St. School, brick. Further to the left are the six white houses on Front Street and of course the Mill with a single chimney (in 1916 a second…
Far right, white building is St. Bridget's Church, a bit to left is the Main St. School, brick. Further to the left are the six white houses on Front Street and of course the Mill with a single chimney (in 1916 a second…
Digital Equipment Corporation History
A partial review of the engineering culture at DEC praising and critiquing the strurcture the company has developed.
The Engineer's Glossary of Standard Terms and Conditions
Digital Equipment Corporation
A few facetious definitions to help relieve the stress.
Digital Equipment Corporation Lore: Real Millrats
A faded list of the characteristics that define real "Millrats", a DEC cultural term (of sorts) for a Digital employee who has worked in the Maynard Mill for a long time.
Blizzard of 1978
The blizzard occurred February 6-7, 1978. The photo shows two snowmobiles at the intersection of Main and Nason Streets. The photo was probably taken on February 7th and appeared in the Assabet Valley Beacon on February 9, 1978. In the background…
Stretch's Tavern
1978 photo of Stretch's Tavern at 29 Main Street. It was printed in the Assabet Valley Beacon in March of that year. The owner at that time was Frank Kane of Maynard. His bartender was George "Sudsy" Aho, also of Maynard. The place was an…
The Railroad Bridge during flood of 1927
The photo was taken from the west bank of the Assabet River looking up stream. The houses center back are on Euclid Ave. The lower bridge was used for coal trucks leaving coal company to access Main St.
Mill Street Bridge Flood - 1927
Summer Hill is seen in background. The house, center right, is still at same location.
Chet Atkins for Congress Campaign Button
Chet Atkins was born in Geneva, Switzerland on April 14, 1948. He graduated from Concord-Carlisle High School in 1966, then attended Antioch College in Ohio. He served in the Massachusetts House of Representatives 1970-71, the Massachusetts Senate…
Maynard Police/Fire Station Plaque - 1955
The combined Police and Fire Station was built in 1955 at the intersection of Summer and Acton Streets, 1 Summer Street. The following were instrumental in the project: Leo F. Mullin, R. Frank Punch, Harold R. Wilcox, William Naylor, David L.…
St. Casimir's Church Interior View - 1928
Photo of the interior of St. Casimir's Roman Catholic Church.
Back is stamped "Frank A. Brayden, Maynard, Mass."
Back is stamped "Frank A. Brayden, Maynard, Mass."
Digital Equipment Corporation Presentation - 1979
Digital Equipment Corporation presents 50,000th LSI-11 microcomputer to Bridgeport-Textron.
l to r
Jack McKeen, Product Line Manager (DEC)
Carol Seaman, Product Line Market Coordinator (DEC)
Andy Knowles, Vice President Corporate Marketing…
l to r
Jack McKeen, Product Line Manager (DEC)
Carol Seaman, Product Line Market Coordinator (DEC)
Andy Knowles, Vice President Corporate Marketing…